Who The Hell ARE You, Anyway?

So appar­ently there’s this trend going round a few blogs where we, the blog authors, ask you guys some stuff about who you are, why you’re here, etc. I can’t believe I haven’t asked you all sooner, to be honest. We’ve cer­tainly got some inter­esting char­ac­ters here, so let’s hear all about you!

Blog Commenters

This could be you. I have no way of knowing unless you tell me!

Pleeeeaaase copy ‘n’ paste the fol­lowing ques­tions into the comment box at the bottom of this post and type in a few words for the benefit of us all. If you’re bothered about your details being made public, you can make up an email address, so long as it’s in the right format, and post under a pseud­onym, so, no excuses!

• Who are you and what’s your background?
  • When and why did you start reading?
  • Why do you come back?
  • What do you like here?
  • What do you wish I did more of?
  • What do you wish I did less of?
  • For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?
  • For regular com­menters: What do you get out of com­menting? What do you think might encourage lurkers to comment?

If you can think of any­thing else to add, please do so! This is also a great time to tell us about any web­sites you may be involved with, just don’t be too spammy about it!

15 Responses to Who The Hell ARE You, Anyway?

1. Rusty Shackleford says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Uni­ver­sity edu­cated 20-​​something male

When and why did you start reading?

I think someone posted a link to your blog while dis­cussing online about various legal highs. Also I think there was a short article about your coffeesh0p in The Guardian

Why do you come back?

Your indis­pens­able inform­a­tion about mephedrone

What do you like here?

Your com­mentary about British drug laws and links to inter­esting news bits

What do you wish I did more of?

More easy to digest inform­a­tion about legal highs, the law and drug culture commentary

What do you wish I did less of?
    Hard t’say really

For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?

I’m not informed enough to take part certain discussions

2. r2kam says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Pro­grammer, have been from a young age and always will be!

When and why did you start reading?

Came across this site via Drugs-​​Forum & coffeesh0p

Why do you come back?

Keep up to date on what you have to say, can be quite interesting!

What do you like here?

Honest unbiased opin­ions, and the teks and recipes are a good read (some tried) too!

What do you wish I did more of?

More fre­quent blog posts if I’m honest.

What do you wish I did less of?

Not really sure, you’re doing a good job so far.

For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?

I tend to keep my com­menting on things to forums, it’s mostly force of habit. Should prob­ably comment on things more I guess.

3. Ratgirl13 says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Old enough to be your grand­mother, and my background’s not for family websites.

When and why did you start reading?

I started reading about age four because it was more inter­esting than the adults around me. Oh, you mean your blog? I was researching syn­thetic can­nabin­oids a month or so ago and landed here.

Why do you come back?

Cause I’m still researching and site has proven useful.

What do you like here?

Drugs

What do you wish I did more of?

Drugs

What do you wish I did less of?

Drugs

I think people need to feel safe before they enter on an edgy dis­cus­sion. In my day it was easier to be anonymous. Issues of elec­tronic privacy were sci fi stuff. Some­times I comment just because I’m a smart ass, but other times its because I have a strong opinion or a ques­tion or…

4. Overwatch says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Uni­ver­sity Edu­cated, Former Mil­itary Pilot, Cur­rently a “Pipe Hitter /​ Pilot” for a private con­tractor doing oversea rota­tions in war zones.

When and why did you start reading?

A few months ago while seeking addi­tional inform­a­tion regarding Cannabinoids.

Why do you come back?

Con­dense, accurate, reli­able inform­a­tion from a small circle of edu­cated people.

What do you like here?

Easy access. Quickly mon­itored content. Small community.

What do you wish I did more of?

Offer samples of your herbal blend to fre­quent con­trib­utors — in the US.

What do you wish I did less of?

No com­plaints.

What do you get out of commenting?

A sense of con­tri­bu­tion to an small appre­ci­ative audi­ence that will actu­ally use /​ benifit from sharing of info.

What do you think might encourage lurkers to comment?

Pos­sibly a “trip report” forum with a detailed guide for JWH compounds.

5. Maria Åkesson says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

I´m 34 year old hosewife from sweden.

When and why did you start reading?

I started reading today because I want to learn more about hash and can­nabis. My boy­friend is a fre­quent smoker and I just want to be uplighted and informed about it. Since this keep him off all other drugs and drinking I have said it was OK but I want to know more so that I am not scared of it. And I googled this blog

Why do you come back?

I haven’t yet we’ll see:)

What do you like here?

It looked very nice and I hope I will learn more in time

What do you wish I did more of?

don’t know yet since I haven’t read all that much yet

What do you wish I did less of?

same answer as above

For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?

I am a com­menter so there will be com­ments in the future:)

com­menters comment bacause it’s a drive we can’t keep quiet:)

6. Ratgirl13 says:

I forgot to say some­thing important about why I am here, about why I ended up doing research on syn­thetic cannabinoids.

I am a widow of eleven years now. My mar­riage was very egal­it­arian in most ways, but the one thing that was my husband’s province was main­taining his stash.

He had been a hash smug­gler in his twen­ties and a heroin dealer in his thirties. In his forties he had a “regular” job. He handed me his paychecks, and I was happy to give him his allow­ance and he taught me that can­nabin­oids were better than all the phar­ma­ceut­icals in psy­chi­at­rists’ arsenals.

Until he developed ter­minal cancer, at which point we accessed the West Hol­ly­wood Marijuana Dis­pensary and even­tu­ally got all sorts of nar­cotics from his doctor…

In his absence I’ve been able to get organic product off and on with far more struggle than I like. I recently researched the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program although inhaling can­nabin­oids mixed with plant material is my least pre­ferred way to balance my psyche. There’s no way under current law that I can qualify for a card.

If I have to chase molecules, I’m here because my husband died and I am so grateful to have this com­munity to lean on… Thanks much.

7. JSOTS Tim says:

What kind of a guy would tattoo SYN​CHRONIUM​.NET on their leg??

I WOULD!! I DID!!

See the video on YouTube — just do search for SYN­CHRONIUM. Visited my website? Y’all are welcome for a good ol’ time, while free sup­plies last.

8. JSOTS Tim says:

I may be on a roll — anyone have the artistic skill enough to draw up a nice “JWH-​​019″ graphic that I could tattoo on my leg above the SYN​CHRONIUM​.NET tattoo?

Mild or wild. Submit your best iffort at cool looking graphic, and get a chance to have your ori­ginal artwork tat­tooed on my leg.

Are we having fun yet, or what?

9. Sharon says:

Who are you and what is your background?

I’m female, aged 50, mother of three (now adults), a writer and a psy­chonaut. I’m writing a book about a journey. The journey is both fas­cin­ating and hor­ri­fying, so the book is prob­ably the same. It’s an account of my exper­i­ences trying to help my youngest daughter who suffers from a mental illness which seems to become more threat­ening and destructive as time goes on. This time it reminds me of a savage dog with its teeth sunk into a small animal’s neck; you know, the way they shake them and throw them around? The book is also a running com­mentary of my attempt to work out what is going on so I can help her better; a cri­tique of western psy­chi­atry in which I point out its fail­ings, but also acknow­ledge that I would have been lost without the psy­chi­atric service if I hadn’t at times been able call on them to keep her safe; an artic­u­la­tion of the anger I feel towards this rotten polit­ical system that abuses law that was meant to protect the people by pro­hib­iting and crim­in­al­izing the use of thera­peutic plant medi­cines and an exer­cise in obser­va­tion, inter­pret­a­tion and ima­gin­a­tion.
    I’m also reading a book about a journey; it’s a memoir called ‘Entering the Circle’ by Olga Khar­i­tidi, a Russian psy­chi­at­rist who under­went a sham­anic ini­ti­ation in Siberia.
    Syn­chron­icities are afoot-​​I won’t say anymore now but you can read all about it soon…

When and why did you start reading?

I seem to remember Syn­chronium saying to me, in a comment, that I was the first person to sub­scribe to this blog, so that means I must have started reading this blog at the outset.

I was dancing with Dionysus when I sub­scribed (in other words, I’d had drunk too much wine); but hey; don’t run away with the idea that I sub­scribed BECAUSE I was drunk — that was not the case. As it happened, the morning after the night before, I had a vague recol­lec­tion that I’d sub­scribed to some­thing really good; I just couldn’t remember what it was. Logging into edot, however, must have acted as a cue, because when I did I remembered that Syn­chronium had announced he was starting a blog, and THAT was what I’d sub­scribed to. Very soon after joining the edot forum I’d started fol­lowing his posts because they were always thought-​​provoking and intel­li­gently written and I recog­nized him as one of my kind. So I sub­scribed because,
    1) I could see from his forum posts that he had the poten­tial to become a fine blogger. It seemed highly likely that he would produce inter­esting and edu­ca­tional posts and had the ability to get people talking by inviting lively debates and that this would lead to the estab­lish­ment of a strong com­munity.
    2) had noted that he was a know­ledge­able and respons­ible vendor of legal highs and was keen to keep informed about what Cof­feeShop was selling in case I ever got any money that I could afford to spend on legal highs. There are a couple of others vendors I also like, but they’re based in America, and I cannot bear the thought of the pos­sib­ility of Customs tam­pering with my imported goods. Once a member of the drug squad stuck his snout in my tobacco when he was searching for can­nabis and I had to throw it away after­wards because I wouldn’t be able to smoke any­thing which con­tained the nasal bac­teria of a policeman.

Why do you come back?

1) Because I like a good read and this blog never dis­ap­points me. I always look forward to the next post and buzz when I see the blog in my inbox.
    2) Warm fuzzy feel­ings of love and loyalty towards John and his co-​​writer and wife Jo. They acknow­ledged my ‘first sub­scriber’ status by gen­er­ously sending me a bag of plain leaf Salvia and two boiled sweets; the sweets were exciting because they were red and green and wrapped in cel­lo­phane. I held them up to my eye­balls, like spec­tacles, and looked at the sky through them, as acid cas­u­al­ties do, (joke-​​acid has never done me any harm), and then, in the absence of any com­pet­itors (my son was out), I ate both of them! We did share the Salvia though! It was exciting because despite not being strong enough to launch us into Salvia space it was strong enough for us to get a feel for Salvia’s power.
    A cynic would explain the sending of these gifts as an example of sound mar­keting skills, but I’m not cynical. It made me smile during a dark time (sick daughter in hos­pital) and saw it as a sign of them being kindred spirits and gen­er­ally nice people. It might seem like I’m reading too much into it, but this small gesture strengthened my bond with the blog­gers. I joke about the Syn­chroniums being my cyber-​​kids, but I really do think of them as part of my cyber-​​family. My son is used to hearing me shout, “The Syn­chroniums would have some­thing to say about that!” when watching drug-​​related doc­u­ment­aries on the tele­vi­sion, such as that George Lamb thing, or Horizon’s ‘Can­nabis: The Evil Weed’. And sure enough after the George Lamb thing Jo pub­lished an article in which she did object to everything I objected to in the doc­u­mentary, and pointed out more besides.

What do you like here?

The lively writing, the variety (there’s some­thing for everyone who’s inter­ested in altering their con­scious­ness), the inter­esting essays, the fact that the writers can be very silly as well as serious; the ima­gin­ative effort they put into building a com­munity here, the fact that they are fine ambas­sadors for our com­munity i.e. they never let us down by talking rubbish when they speak to the main­stream media; really there is nothing I dislike about this blog.

What do you wish I did more of?

Per­son­ally I’d like to learn more about the stuff you did at uni­ver­sity. I would really appre­ciate you teaching a bit about syn­apses and neurotransmitters-I’ve tried learning by listening to the Syn­aptic Cleft Rap, but just get dis­tracted by the love­li­ness of Sarah Tonin. I would go and do a degree in phar­ma­co­logy myself, but I’ve already got a degree so wouldn’t get funding for another. Just the basics would help a lot.

What do you wish I did less of?

Just carry on doing what you do!

If you don’t nor­mally comment why don’t you?

I do nor­mally comment, but haven’t had much time to do the things I nor­mally do lately because I’ve got my hands full with writing and research at the moment. I’m unable to write short com­ments for this blog because it makes me think of so much I want to share, so I have to put my com­menting to one side for the moment. I’m espe­cially busy at present (daughter’s in hos­pital again), but I was determ­ined to get these responses to your ques­tions written and have the oppor­tunity to say that I may seem to have gone quiet but it isn’t because I’ve lost interest in the blog at all. I’m still here!

What do you get out of com­menting?
    I’m always keen to let those who’ve created some­thing I’ve enjoyed reading that someone out there has actu­ally read their work and got some­thing out of it and com­menting is the ideal way to do this. I think I’m very con­scious of the writer’s need for feed­back because I’m a writer too.

What do you think would encourage lurkers to comment more?

Isn’t obvious? Offer them boiled sweets of course!
    Ser­i­ously though, I’d con­sider running writing con­tests from time to time.

10. Rex Mundi says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

19 year old self con­fessed hedonist

When and why did you start reading?

A few months back and in all honesty I cannot even remember why!

Why do you come back?

Impar­tial and imform­ative inform­a­tion on drugs and drug culture is hard to come by.

What do you like here?

Inform­a­tion is rel­evant (UK-​​based), accurate, etc.

What do you wish I did more of?

Erm…more regular updates…can’t really think now, will update at some point

What do you wish I did less of?

—-

For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?

Don’t really have any­thing useful to add

11. JSOTS Tim says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Old Fart From Wayback, 1954 Model Human Being. Grew up on mil­itary bases, went to school/​college, got married, joined USAF, moved around, had a kid, got divorced, remar­ried, moved around some more. Worked… slept… quit shaving, got tattoos, motor­cycles, an affec­tion for certain DRUGZ and STUFF.

When and why did you start reading?

Started mebbe a year or so ago? Hard to tell when you’re flucked up all the time, ha ha. I WISH!! And why… well… there’s a lot to learn, and the internet is a good place to do it.

Why do you come back?

Always more to know. And I like to know about the things I read about here. Seems like good folks around these parts, and I have a fond memory of visting the U.K. years ago.

What do you like here?

The irre­ver­ancy.

What do you wish I did more of?

Maybe videos. Giveaways are always popular, eh?? Even MORE “atti­tude”… it’s all good.

What do you wish I did less of?

Be so young. It’ll come to you with age, though, so I’ll let you slide on this one.

Com­menting for commenting’s sake is good enough for ME. I like to present what I may think or feel here in a way that is open and honest and is appre­ci­ated. It’s all about Cog­nitive Freedom!!

People gen­er­ally comment MORE, I think, to things they feel more strongly AGAINST than FOR. Depending on the subject of WHAT one wants to comment about, I suppose if a mod­er­ately opin­ion­ated person “calls ‘em as they see’s ‘em”, it’ll prob­ably attract attention.

Was it Castro that had Kennedy shot? Or the Mafia? Hmmmm… or BOTH?

12. PsychoCanuck says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

19. Born in Mon­tréal. Recre­ational user of psy­che­delics. College student, no pro­fes­sional job.

When and why did you start reading?

Can’t recall exactly, but when I did stumble upon this website, it intrigued me, and I thought if I ever wanted to browse it again, I’d have to “Favour­ites” it or else be forgotten.

Why do you come back?

I take a par­tic­ular interest in the sub­jects dis­cussed on the website. A lot of it piques my interest, teaches me, and amuses me.

What do you like here?

Drugs

What do you wish I did more of?

Drugs

What do you wish I did less of?

Not drugs

For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?

Too lazy man. Way too much commitment.

13. Tim says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

29 old male whos been there and got the t shirt and is really annoyed thats it now old and looking a bit crap…

When and why did you start reading?

my love of strange chem­icals and inter­esting info. Also as i was a ex weed smoker i loved all the can­nabanoids had had a little dabble as they came through the post.

Why do you come back?

as i dont really do many drugs anymore its nice to keep your foot in the pro­ver­bial door.

What do you like here?

good art­icles on drug aware­ness also random fun.

What do you wish I did more of?

umm more of the same …also i loved the piece about the crack dealers business.

What do you wish I did less of?

nothing !

For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?

I enjoy lurking and i wont comment unless i think i have a valid point .…i hate useless comments

14. Bogus Shmogus says:

•Who are you and what’s your back­ground?
    I am Bogus, and I like this site. I am a BS with a back­ground in IT and like the drugs. Recently just started with some JWH-​​018 blends because: (divorce. mad wife. drug testing. no can­nabis. FUCK!). I have tried a ton of stuff and always am researching the real effect of the drugs. Very spirti­tual and I use drugs that way. Not to laugh at ice cream cones and shit. Good point about the lurkers and the “… what kind of an internet guy would i be” comment. being such an “internet guy” myself i should start doing more com­menting and might even start a blog. Thanks for the motiv­a­tion and the info. the eee-​​male is zach at sil­ver­tech chicago (one word) dot com if you wanna say what up!
    •When and why did you start reading?
    •Why do you come back?
    •What do you like here?
    •What do you wish I did more of?
    •What do you wish I did less of?
    •For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?
    •For regular com­menters: What do you get out of com­menting? What do you think might encourage lurkers to comment?

15. grr says:

Who are you and what’s your back­ground?
    Traveller/​ asst. curator
    When and why did you start reading?
    Some­time last year. I came looking for a recipe. Hung on for the other posts. The legal highs caught my interest.
    Why do you come back?
    For the inform­a­tion
    What do you like here?
    The inform­a­tion
    What do you wish I did more of?
    I dont live in the UK or even in Europe. But i travel a fair bit. So maybe per­tinent art­icles and info from around the globe.
    What do you wish I did less of?
    Alls well.
    For lurkers: If you don’t nor­mally comment, why don’t you?
    Nothing to con­tribute. I com­mented here to encourage and support the value of this site. Theres also Tame Impala to thank somehow. And since you said pleease.