Who The Hell ARE You, Anyway?

So apparently there’s this trend going round a few blogs where we, the blog authors, ask you guys some stuff about who you are, why you’re here, etc. I can’t believe I haven’t asked you all sooner, to be honest. We’ve certainly got some interesting characters here, so let’s hear all about you!

Blog Commenters

This could be you. I have no way of knowing unless you tell me!

Pleeeeaaase copy ‘n’ paste the following questions into the comment box at the bottom of this post and type in a few words for the benefit of us all. If you’re bothered about your details being made public, you can make up an email address, so long as it’s in the right format, and post under a pseudonym, so, no excuses!

• Who are you and what’s your background?
  • When and why did you start reading?
  • Why do you come back?
  • What do you like here?
  • What do you wish I did more of?
  • What do you wish I did less of?
  • For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?
  • For regular commenters: What do you get out of commenting? What do you think might encourage lurkers to comment?

If you can think of anything else to add, please do so! This is also a great time to tell us about any websites you may be involved with, just don’t be too spammy about it!.

15 Responses to Who The Hell ARE You, Anyway?

1. Rusty Shackleford says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

University educated 20-something male

When and why did you start reading?

I think someone posted a link to your blog while discussing online about various legal highs. Also I think there was a short article about your coffeesh0p in The Guardian

Why do you come back?

Your indispensable information about mephedrone

What do you like here?

Your commentary about British drug laws and links to interesting news bits

What do you wish I did more of?

More easy to digest information about legal highs, the law and drug culture commentary

What do you wish I did less of?
    Hard t’say really

For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?

I’m not informed enough to take part certain discussions

2. r2kam says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Programmer, have been from a young age and always will be!

When and why did you start reading?

Came across this site via Drugs-Forum & coffeesh0p

Why do you come back?

Keep up to date on what you have to say, can be quite interesting!

What do you like here?

Honest unbiased opinions, and the teks and recipes are a good read (some tried) too!

What do you wish I did more of?

More frequent blog posts if I’m honest.

What do you wish I did less of?

Not really sure, you’re doing a good job so far.

For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?

I tend to keep my commenting on things to forums, it’s mostly force of habit. Should probably comment on things more I guess.

3. Ratgirl13 says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Old enough to be your grandmother, and my background’s not for family websites.

When and why did you start reading?

I started reading about age four because it was more interesting than the adults around me. Oh, you mean your blog? I was researching synthetic cannabinoids a month or so ago and landed here.

Why do you come back?

Cause I’m still researching and site has proven useful.

What do you like here?

Drugs

What do you wish I did more of?

Drugs

What do you wish I did less of?

Drugs

I think people need to feel safe before they enter on an edgy discussion. In my day it was easier to be anonymous. Issues of electronic privacy were sci fi stuff. Sometimes I comment just because I’m a smart ass, but other times its because I have a strong opinion or a question or…

4. Overwatch says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

University Educated, Former Military Pilot, Currently a “Pipe Hitter / Pilot” for a private contractor doing oversea rotations in war zones.

When and why did you start reading?

A few months ago while seeking additional information regarding Cannabinoids.

Why do you come back?

Condense, accurate, reliable information from a small circle of educated people.

What do you like here?

Easy access. Quickly monitored content. Small community.

What do you wish I did more of?

Offer samples of your herbal blend to frequent contributors — in the US.

What do you wish I did less of?

No complaints.

What do you get out of commenting?

A sense of contribution to an small appreciative audience that will actually use / benifit from sharing of info.

What do you think might encourage lurkers to comment?

Possibly a “trip report” forum with a detailed guide for JWH compounds.

5. Maria Åkesson says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

I´m 34 year old hosewife from sweden.

When and why did you start reading?

I started reading today because I want to learn more about hash and cannabis. My boyfriend is a frequent smoker and I just want to be uplighted and informed about it. Since this keep him off all other drugs and drinking I have said it was OK but I want to know more so that I am not scared of it. And I googled this blog

Why do you come back?

I haven’t yet we’ll see:)

What do you like here?

It looked very nice and I hope I will learn more in time

What do you wish I did more of?

don’t know yet since I haven’t read all that much yet

What do you wish I did less of?

same answer as above

For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?

I am a commenter so there will be comments in the future:)

commenters comment bacause it’s a drive we can’t keep quiet:)

6. Ratgirl13 says:

I forgot to say something important about why I am here, about why I ended up doing research on synthetic cannabinoids.

I am a widow of eleven years now. My marriage was very egalitarian in most ways, but the one thing that was my husband’s province was maintaining his stash.

He had been a hash smuggler in his twenties and a heroin dealer in his thirties. In his forties he had a “regular” job. He handed me his paychecks, and I was happy to give him his allowance and he taught me that cannabinoids were better than all the pharmaceuticals in psychiatrists’ arsenals.

Until he developed terminal cancer, at which point we accessed the West Hollywood Marijuana Dispensary and eventually got all sorts of narcotics from his doctor…

In his absence I’ve been able to get organic product off and on with far more struggle than I like. I recently researched the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program although inhaling cannabinoids mixed with plant material is my least preferred way to balance my psyche. There’s no way under current law that I can qualify for a card.

If I have to chase molecules, I’m here because my husband died and I am so grateful to have this community to lean on… Thanks much.

7. JSOTS Tim says:

What kind of a guy would tattoo SYNCHRONIUM.NET on their leg??

I WOULD!! I DID!!

See the video on YouTube — just do search for SYNCHRONIUM. Visited my website? Y’all are welcome for a good ol’ time, while free supplies last.

8. JSOTS Tim says:

I may be on a roll — anyone have the artistic skill enough to draw up a nice “JWH-019” graphic that I could tattoo on my leg above the SYNCHRONIUM.NET tattoo?

Mild or wild. Submit your best iffort at cool looking graphic, and get a chance to have your original artwork tattooed on my leg.

Are we having fun yet, or what?

9. Sharon says:

Who are you and what is your background?

I’m female, aged 50, mother of three (now adults), a writer and a psychonaut. I’m writing a book about a journey. The journey is both fascinating and horrifying, so the book is probably the same. It’s an account of my experiences trying to help my youngest daughter who suffers from a mental illness which seems to become more threatening and destructive as time goes on. This time it reminds me of a savage dog with its teeth sunk into a small animal’s neck; you know, the way they shake them and throw them around? The book is also a running commentary of my attempt to work out what is going on so I can help her better; a critique of western psychiatry in which I point out its failings, but also acknowledge that I would have been lost without the psychiatric service if I hadn’t at times been able call on them to keep her safe; an articulation of the anger I feel towards this rotten political system that abuses law that was meant to protect the people by prohibiting and criminalizing the use of therapeutic plant medicines and an exercise in observation, interpretation and imagination.
    I’m also reading a book about a journey; it’s a memoir called ‘Entering the Circle’ by Olga Kharitidi, a Russian psychiatrist who underwent a shamanic initiation in Siberia.
    Synchronicities are afoot-I won’t say anymore now but you can read all about it soon…

When and why did you start reading?

I seem to remember Synchronium saying to me, in a comment, that I was the first person to subscribe to this blog, so that means I must have started reading this blog at the outset.

I was dancing with Dionysus when I subscribed (in other words, I’d had drunk too much wine); but hey; don’t run away with the idea that I subscribed BECAUSE I was drunk – that was not the case. As it happened, the morning after the night before, I had a vague recollection that I’d subscribed to something really good; I just couldn’t remember what it was. Logging into edot, however, must have acted as a cue, because when I did I remembered that Synchronium had announced he was starting a blog, and THAT was what I’d subscribed to. Very soon after joining the edot forum I’d started following his posts because they were always thought-provoking and intelligently written and I recognized him as one of my kind. So I subscribed because,
    1) I could see from his forum posts that he had the potential to become a fine blogger. It seemed highly likely that he would produce interesting and educational posts and had the ability to get people talking by inviting lively debates and that this would lead to the establishment of a strong community.
    2) had noted that he was a knowledgeable and responsible vendor of legal highs and was keen to keep informed about what CoffeeShop was selling in case I ever got any money that I could afford to spend on legal highs. There are a couple of others vendors I also like, but they’re based in America, and I cannot bear the thought of the possibility of Customs tampering with my imported goods. Once a member of the drug squad stuck his snout in my tobacco when he was searching for cannabis and I had to throw it away afterwards because I wouldn’t be able to smoke anything which contained the nasal bacteria of a policeman.

Why do you come back?

1) Because I like a good read and this blog never disappoints me. I always look forward to the next post and buzz when I see the blog in my inbox.
    2) Warm fuzzy feelings of love and loyalty towards John and his co-writer and wife Jo. They acknowledged my ‘first subscriber’ status by generously sending me a bag of plain leaf Salvia and two boiled sweets; the sweets were exciting because they were red and green and wrapped in cellophane. I held them up to my eyeballs, like spectacles, and looked at the sky through them, as acid casualties do, (joke-acid has never done me any harm), and then, in the absence of any competitors (my son was out), I ate both of them! We did share the Salvia though! It was exciting because despite not being strong enough to launch us into Salvia space it was strong enough for us to get a feel for Salvia’s power.
    A cynic would explain the sending of these gifts as an example of sound marketing skills, but I’m not cynical. It made me smile during a dark time (sick daughter in hospital) and saw it as a sign of them being kindred spirits and generally nice people. It might seem like I’m reading too much into it, but this small gesture strengthened my bond with the bloggers. I joke about the Synchroniums being my cyber-kids, but I really do think of them as part of my cyber-family. My son is used to hearing me shout, “The Synchroniums would have something to say about that!” when watching drug-related documentaries on the television, such as that George Lamb thing, or Horizon’s ‘Cannabis: The Evil Weed’. And sure enough after the George Lamb thing Jo published an article in which she did object to everything I objected to in the documentary, and pointed out more besides.

What do you like here?

The lively writing, the variety (there’s something for everyone who’s interested in altering their consciousness), the interesting essays, the fact that the writers can be very silly as well as serious; the imaginative effort they put into building a community here, the fact that they are fine ambassadors for our community i.e. they never let us down by talking rubbish when they speak to the mainstream media; really there is nothing I dislike about this blog.

What do you wish I did more of?

Personally I’d like to learn more about the stuff you did at university. I would really appreciate you teaching a bit about synapses and neurotransmitters-I’ve tried learning by listening to the Synaptic Cleft Rap, but just get distracted by the loveliness of Sarah Tonin. I would go and do a degree in pharmacology myself, but I’ve already got a degree so wouldn’t get funding for another. Just the basics would help a lot.

What do you wish I did less of?

Just carry on doing what you do!

If you don’t normally comment why don’t you?

I do normally comment, but haven’t had much time to do the things I normally do lately because I’ve got my hands full with writing and research at the moment. I’m unable to write short comments for this blog because it makes me think of so much I want to share, so I have to put my commenting to one side for the moment. I’m especially busy at present (daughter’s in hospital again), but I was determined to get these responses to your questions written and have the opportunity to say that I may seem to have gone quiet but it isn’t because I’ve lost interest in the blog at all. I’m still here!

What do you get out of commenting?
    I’m always keen to let those who’ve created something I’ve enjoyed reading that someone out there has actually read their work and got something out of it and commenting is the ideal way to do this. I think I’m very conscious of the writer’s need for feedback because I’m a writer too.

What do you think would encourage lurkers to comment more?

Isn’t obvious? Offer them boiled sweets of course!
    Seriously though, I’d consider running writing contests from time to time.

10. Rex Mundi says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

19 year old self confessed hedonist

When and why did you start reading?

A few months back and in all honesty I cannot even remember why!

Why do you come back?

Impartial and imformative information on drugs and drug culture is hard to come by.

What do you like here?

Information is relevant (UK-based), accurate, etc.

What do you wish I did more of?

Erm…more regular updates…can’t really think now, will update at some point

What do you wish I did less of?

—-

For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?

Don’t really have anything useful to add

11. JSOTS Tim says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

Old Fart From Wayback, 1954 Model Human Being. Grew up on military bases, went to school/college, got married, joined USAF, moved around, had a kid, got divorced, remarried, moved around some more. Worked… slept… quit shaving, got tattoos, motorcycles, an affection for certain DRUGZ and STUFF.

When and why did you start reading?

Started mebbe a year or so ago? Hard to tell when you’re flucked up all the time, ha ha. I WISH!! And why… well… there’s a lot to learn, and the internet is a good place to do it.

Why do you come back?

Always more to know. And I like to know about the things I read about here. Seems like good folks around these parts, and I have a fond memory of visting the U.K. years ago.

What do you like here?

The irreverancy.

What do you wish I did more of?

Maybe videos. Giveaways are always popular, eh?? Even MORE “attitude”… it’s all good.

What do you wish I did less of?

Be so young. It’ll come to you with age, though, so I’ll let you slide on this one.

Commenting for commenting’s sake is good enough for ME. I like to present what I may think or feel here in a way that is open and honest and is appreciated. It’s all about Cognitive Freedom!!

People generally comment MORE, I think, to things they feel more strongly AGAINST than FOR. Depending on the subject of WHAT one wants to comment about, I suppose if a moderately opinionated person “calls ’em as they see’s ’em”, it’ll probably attract attention.

Was it Castro that had Kennedy shot? Or the Mafia? Hmmmm… or BOTH?

12. PsychoCanuck says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

19. Born in Montreal. Recreational user of psychedelics. College student, no professional job.

When and why did you start reading?

Can’t recall exactly, but when I did stumble upon this website, it intrigued me, and I thought if I ever wanted to browse it again, I’d have to “Favourites” it or else be forgotten.

Why do you come back?

I take a particular interest in the subjects discussed on the website. A lot of it piques my interest, teaches me, and amuses me.

What do you like here?

Drugs

What do you wish I did more of?

Drugs

What do you wish I did less of?

Not drugs

For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?

Too lazy man. Way too much commitment.

13. Tim says:

Who are you and what’s your background?

29 old male whos been there and got the t shirt and is really annoyed thats it now old and looking a bit crap…

When and why did you start reading?

my love of strange chemicals and interesting info. Also as i was a ex weed smoker i loved all the cannabanoids had had a little dabble as they came through the post.

Why do you come back?

as i dont really do many drugs anymore its nice to keep your foot in the proverbial door.

What do you like here?

good articles on drug awareness also random fun.

What do you wish I did more of?

umm more of the same …also i loved the piece about the crack dealers business.

What do you wish I did less of?

nothing !

For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?

I enjoy lurking and i wont comment unless i think i have a valid point ….i hate useless comments

14. Bogus Shmogus says:

•Who are you and what’s your background?
    I am Bogus, and I like this site. I am a BS with a background in IT and like the drugs. Recently just started with some JWH-018 blends because: (divorce. mad wife. drug testing. no cannabis. FUCK!). I have tried a ton of stuff and always am researching the real effect of the drugs. Very spirtitual and I use drugs that way. Not to laugh at ice cream cones and shit. Good point about the lurkers and the “… what kind of an internet guy would i be” comment. being such an “internet guy” myself i should start doing more commenting and might even start a blog. Thanks for the motivation and the info. the eee-male is zach at silvertech chicago (one word) dot com if you wanna say what up!
    •When and why did you start reading?
    •Why do you come back?
    •What do you like here?
    •What do you wish I did more of?
    •What do you wish I did less of?
    •For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?
    •For regular commenters: What do you get out of commenting? What do you think might encourage lurkers to comment?

15. grr says:

Who are you and what’s your background?
    Traveller/ asst. curator
    When and why did you start reading?
    Sometime last year. I came looking for a recipe. Hung on for the other posts. The legal highs caught my interest.
    Why do you come back?
    For the information
    What do you like here?
    The information
    What do you wish I did more of?
    I dont live in the UK or even in Europe. But i travel a fair bit. So maybe pertinent articles and info from around the globe.
    What do you wish I did less of?
    Alls well.
    For lurkers: If you don’t normally comment, why don’t you?
    Nothing to contribute. I commented here to encourage and support the value of this site. Theres also Tame Impala to thank somehow. And since you said pleease.