So, Where Are The Best Drug Blogs?

It’s about time we dug out some of the best drug blogs on t’internet. I originally started this blog because there wasn’t anything else decent to read, or what was available was too obscure to be found easily, but there’s much more out there now.

I thought we could collect up a nice list of suggestions from you lot, maybe have a vote, then produce a list of the top drug blogs that everyone should be reading.

Let’s have some suggestions in the comments then!

(Oh, and the new misses is supposed to be writing summary of our honeymoon in t’Dominican Republic, but it seems that she’s been spending all her time in the kitchen since we’ve been back. I’ll have a word…).

13 Responses to So, Where Are The Best Drug Blogs?

1. Mike says:

This is the only drug blog I have ever read on a regular basis. Though I’m not sure how many almost purely drug based blogs there are out there…Haha, well I’m sure iv come across others (as I’m often doing Google research on new+old, fun sounding chemicals :P) but none as levelheaded and with as much good information. I found this blog during the whole Mephedrone hoopla (you seemed to be one of the few sane people writing about the stuff at the time) but kept coming back. Generally though, when I’m doing research, I go to Erowid, and often find myself at the Bluelight forums and Drugs-forum for newer stuff.

2. mark says:

some articles on the legal high industry for people to read

3. Ratgirl13 says:

Funny cartoon — I have a dog…. She says it only sounds like pointless, incessant barking because we don’t understand it, and we humans do plenty of pointless, incessant “barking” of our own…

4. Alex says:

Umm, i read http://www.hailmaryjane.com but thats a mix between sports and drugs…mostly weed.

5. Debaucherous says:

Just a drug/sex/social commentary blog, not great, but mildly entertaining

6. Debaucherous says:

oops….
    debaucherous.wordpress.com is the site

7. chet says:

The best IMO …

Narco Polo

8. DB Loisel says:

In America we have a well-documented but little discussed tradition of distorting and ignoring the empirically supported facts about drugs and addiction. Our responses are often visceral and impulsive. Sometimes the distortion is used to support the political agenda of the moment. Mostly these agenda’s are directed at stereotyping, marginalizing and subverting minority communities that are perceived, without evidence, a threat to society. We can see this agenda historically with the Opium and the Chinese, Heroin and The Black American, Marijuana and The Mexican.

One of the most damaging portrayals of a group occurred relatively recently when the “crack baby” epidemic was manufactured during the 1980’s. Recent research has proved the “crack baby” epidemic never occurred and was wholesale nonsense. It did prove to a powerful political tool to promote the Reagan era “war on drugs” campaign. The medias wild portrayal of crack addicted mothers made them appear as sub-human creatures lurking in the night. Who can forget the unnerving images of young, selfish, drug addicted mothers, poisoning unborn fatherless children and setting that child on a life trajectory starting with drug withdrawal and chronically plagued with certain brain damage for life. It stereotyped the young black unmarried inner city woman. What we missed during that time was there is no doubt thousands of suburban white women used powered cocaine during pregnancy in the 80’s and I’ve never heard anything referring to “coke babies.” This portrayal of the inner city crack whore mother helped fuel legislation changes for possession of crack cocaine, which was widely sold in inner-city, predominantly black neighborhoods, although both forms are identically metabolized by the body and have the same pharmacological effects. In 1986, at the height of election season and with virtually no study or review, Congress passed the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986. It created mandatory minimum sentences for drug trafficking crimes, including the especially harsh 100-to-1 crack-powder disparity. I know it might seem incomprehensible, but I’d speculate that a couple of members of the US Senate and House of Representatives may possibly had used powdered cocaine during the 80’s. It took 24 years for the federal government to come to their senses and pass the Fair Sentencing Act, which went in to effect in August 2010. That law reduces the difference between sentences for crimes committed by crack cocaine and powder cocaine users.

9. Ginger says:

I’ve just started and can’t find anything like I’m doing and would really love some advice on whether it’s any good, reviews so far are good
    ajunkieslife.blog.com

10. Ginger says:

ajunkieslife.blog.com

Is purely a drug blog, written about addiction, recreation and the general madness that goes along with the life of a junkie. Well written and worth a look.

11. Bongani says:

http://www.harmonygroup.co.za/blog/ is purely a drug and addiction blog. Good content take a look