What Do You Lot Think About The Odd Vendor Link?

Capitalist Pig

Yes, I'm A Capitalist Pig. 😐

So, I keep getting emails from vendors of various substances offering increasing amounts of cash for advertising on this site. To be perfectly honest I could use a bit of extra cash since we’re saving up for a wedding. But, I’m not about to start advertising without asking your opinions first.

Here’s what I propose for the best outcome for us all. On individual pages, such as Mephedrone:
The Facts
and JWH-018 Toxicology, for example, I was thinking of including a single link to a single vendor, clearly marked out as an advert. Then, I’d be happy for people to email me with any bad feedback on those vendors, and we could get rid of the link together and wait for a better vendor to come along.

That way, there’s no hidden spammy links or otherwise tricking people into visiting a vendor’s site. It would be completely transparent and you lot all all get some say.

So what do you think? Love it? Hate it? Got a suggestion to improve the idea for everyone? Plz leave a comment!!1

By the way, if you hate it, I’ll have to look at other options, like a “Donate” button next to every awesome joke. Like that side-splitter below the image above. Or, how about this one:

Why did the mushroom go to the party?

Because he was a fungi.

Or this one:

A load of scientists are playing hide & seek in heaven. Einstein’s on and has nearly finished counting. 98. 99. 100. He opens his eyes and sees Newton standing there in plain view. Einstein immediately tags Newton – “Got you, you sociopathic alchemical bastard!”

“Not quite!” exclaims Newton. A smug grin starts to emerge. “You see, I’ve drawn a box around me on the floor who’s sides are of length one metre”.

“You’ve actually got one Newton per meter squared, so Pascal’s on!

Ho ho ho!

Quick edit: Thinking about it, a donate button might be another great way to benefit a few more people other than myself (not that I need your money to spend hundreds of pounds on several pairs of shoes for our wedding…). How about a single donate button down the bottom of the right hand side, but then we’ll give say 20% of each donation to charity, or at least a worthwhile organisation. 10% could be given to one of your choice from a select few and 10% could be given to one of my chosing, again from those select few. Some that spring to mind include Erowid, Drugs Forum or the Richard Dawkins Foundation For Reason & Science (very much like the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too).

Quick Edit #2: Perhaps we could earn a few donations… Like writing “[Your name] does drugz lolmayo!” in the sand of the Dominican Republic and taking a picture of us next to it. (Yes, we’re going there for our honeymoon…). We could even get those pix printed out on a mug or something for anyone particularly generous.

Other silly ideas welcome..

12 Responses to What Do You Lot Think About The Odd Vendor Link?

1. Kris says:

Sounds like a good idea to me. You make a bit of extra cash and hopefully through people’s feedback on the vendors we’ll get info on the best places to buy. With full transparency I can’t see it being a bad thing, I’m all for it.

2. Kris says:

With response to the updates: I’d say do both, that way if people wanna contribute without buying anything they can, and it benefits other causes but you can still benefit from what people are going to buy anyway and we can still get some vendor feedback.

3. Overfiend says:

Regarding Vendor links……..Sure why the hell not. It could indeed be a positive thing for the site.
    As far as people already using the site are concerned, if handled responsibly with honesty, openness and Impartiality, it should serve to make the site even more popular and invaluable for our daily information fix, 😉 and of course there is a wedding to plan 😛 so I say go for it.
    I’ve used a few sites via telephone/mail order to Northern Ireland (Home) and will be happy to give some feedback on a couple.

4. Dexter says:

Yes I don’t see any problem with it. Especially the part about making sure it is an honest business that is open for review by all. I wouldn’t over do it though, like you said maybe just one good link.

5. PoisonedV says:

Seems fine to me, not intrusive or anything. Can’t say it would sway me, however, I’ve got a JWH vendor that I love dearly.

6. Jack says:

Congrats on getting married 🙂

7. Rex Mundi says:

good idea BUT other vendors might start to discredit each other to stifle compeition, etc. Should have a bunch of trusted moderators to test…i would be happy to help!

Thanks for the support so far, very encouraging.

Rex, you’re right. I’ve been thinking about how to stop vendors bitching about each other since I wrote the post. Perhaps I could contact a few select vendors emailed to me by you guys?

I don’t think this will ever be 100% perfect, but we’ll get pretty close, I reckon.

9. Rush says:

Great idea, i wouldn’t mind a few adverts as long as they are not huge banners. If they are shops, then all green lights here 🙂

10. Mrs_Synch says:

I may have (nay, NEED) several pairs of shoes for the wedding but a certain someone will be spending more on his suit than I did on my dress – we need donations for John’s expensive taste!

Thanks for the input all, hopefully you’ll see a bit more of me around here soon once the wedding stuff’s sorted. We’ve had lots of disasters lately but it’s all finally coming together. Hopefully the two weeks in the Caribbean will make it all worth it (ahem…and being married, of course) and we’ll have some sweet pictures to show you all.

11. Tim says:

Pictures are good! Stay safe out there on the beach, and don’t have TOO MUCH fun, eh?

An update on my getting the tattoo done on my leg — it’s still in the upcoming stage. Will be practicing my technique some more on the upper thigh tonite, and be ready for the more public advert soon after. It’s like a wedding present to y’all! Pictures and videos will accompany!

John’s deserving of a lot of credit for what goes on/is happening around here — and I’m happy to see it’ll soon be more of a joint effort in the sort of near future. Best of luck to you both…

If I could get YOUR name, young lady, I might consider tattooing both your names and wedding date in a banner with a heart or something, somewhere? What could it hurt?

Nice one Tim! 😀

While I might write most of the stuff on here, that’s only because Jo handles the even more important tasks of cooking and washing my pants. If she didn’t work tirelessly looking after me, there’d be no blog whatsoever!

It’s the 29th May, btw.