JWH-018 Toxicology

ToxicSince my last post about the spice behind Spice (and other smoking mixtures such as Smoke, Serenity Now, K2, Sence, etc), it has been brought to my attention that some initial toxicology testing has been done on the synthetic cannabinoid JWH-018. Before we get down to the details however, here’s some pretty weird background information – the sponsor and provider of these studies wishes to remain anonymous! Unfortunately, this makes the whole thing a lot less credible, but since this is the only information we have right now, let’s hope someone else can verify these things at a later date. So far, one professor (who also wishes to remain anonymous) thinks these are real, but as of yet, no one is willing to put their name down on any kind of formal statement. If you, or anyone you know, has the relevant expertise to look over these studies, please drop me a line!

(Quick Update – A lot of people have been discussing and linking to this post, but there remains some suspicion that I have something to gain by saying the JWH-018 isn’t that harmful. Firstly, JWH-018 is now illegal in the UK. Secondly, as I mentioned just above this, if I have got anything wrong, please pick me up on it! If it turns out my analysis of the data is incorrect, I will correct it!)

Feel free to invent your own conspiracy theories, but for now, let’s take a look at the data. You can download the PDF documents in this Zip file [2.04 MB]

CYP450 Inhibition Assay

This first assay looks at the effect of a drug on specific enzymes in your liver. These Cytochrome P450 enzymes are responsible for metabolising the vast majority of drugs you might put in your body, so if you’ve got too much of one drug in your system (ie paracetamol/acetaminophen), then other drugs that are also metabolised by these enzymes (ie alcohol) may compete for these enzymes and so hang around in your system for longer. As you can imagine, it’s important to understand how one drug may affect the metabolism of another, in case of any disasterous drug-drug interactions.

Results: JWH-018 will probably interact with the metabolism of other drugs, so more in vivo work is necessary.

hERG Binding Assay

hERG stands for human Ether-à-go-go Related Gene. This gene codes for a particular type of potassium channel found on heart tissue. This channel pumps potassium ions out of the heart muscle cells and are critical in coordinating the heart’s electrical activity. Unfortunately, these channels are a prime target for drugs to bind to, disrupting their function. This can lead to “Long QT Syndrome”, associated with fainting and can lead to sudden death, so you can see why these kinds of tests are important. Here’s a typical ECG recording showing what’s called the “QT interval” shown in blue, which lasts for longer than it should do if these channels are disrupted.

QT Interval

Results: JWH-018 does not interfere with these channels. That’s a good thing.

Cytotoxicity Assay

This simple test essentially looks at how many cells die when you perfuse them with a drug. The more cells that die, the more toxic the drug.

Results: JWH-018 is not cytotoxic at low concentrations.

GreenScreen HC Genotoxicity Assay

This assay looks at how much a drug will interfere with our DNA. Typically, anything that damages DNA is bad news, being potentially carcinogenic, making the rationale behind this test glaringly obvious. This test was also performed in the presence of a fraction taken from liver cells, which will break down the drug. This not only checks if the drug will damage DNA, but also its breakdown products.

Results: JWH-018 does not damage DNA, so shouldn’t give you cancer.

Rat Repeat Toxicity Assay

Guess what happens in this experiment. A number of renagade lab rats looking for a bad time are rounded up and promised free drugs (kind of like Pleasure Island from Pinocchio; that shit was scary!). The rats are then dosed up and observed. Initially, they appear lethargic (read: totally baked) but a few of them died at higher doses. This appears to be down to problems breathing rather than organ toxicity, but only affected the male rats, who appeared more sensitive to the compound. The drug didn’t appear to accumulate in their systems either, but they did lose some weight, probably because they couldn’t be arsed to eat. JWH-018 showed a huge potency and was found to be tachyphylactic (my new favourite word – it means that more of a drug is required to reach the same state following an initial dosage).

Results: According to FDA guidelines, the human equivalent dose is 0.016 mg/kg but it should be tested in other species before this can be seen as reliable!

Rat Pharmacokinetics

Data is collected on a number of different “pharmacokinetic” aspects of the drug, such as how it is absorbed, distributed throughout the body, metabolised and excreted, which can help with the design of future clinical trials.

Results: JWH-018 is distributed well throughout the rat’s tissues. Metabolism and excretion are normal, with a plasma half-life of approximately 2 hours

Summary

Well, from the looks of these tests, JWH-018 seems to be pretty safe, but unless you want to piss off Ben Goldacre, it would be wise not to rely on this “test tube data” entirely. Also, like I said before, we don’t know where this data has come from, clouding the issue even further.

Feel free to ask any questions in the comments.

Big thanks to Alfa @ Drugs-Forum.com for letting me know about these studies. You can read all about JWH-018 on their Drugs Wiki.

COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW CLOSED. YOU CAN CONTINUE DISCUSSING SYNTHETIC CANNABINOIDS HERE OR INDIVIDUAL SMOKING MIXTURES HERE..

444 Responses to JWH-018 Toxicology

1. I'm lovin it! says:

Ok. I’ve read many questions and only one brief answer about what exactly jwh-073 does and how it compares to jwh-018. I like the 018 A LOT. I have to take drug tests, and I think it’s even better than weed and so glad I discovered it. Although, weed is the only thing I can compare it to. I can see how it would be similar to acid if you smoke too much, like everyone has already said. But if you just do the little bit and gradually build your tolerance, I love it! It only made me paranoid and super ripped the first time, mainly because I think I was so wigged out about what it even was and how it wouldn’t show up on a drug test, which is hasn’t. But what’s with the 073. I read a post that said 018 is like indica and 073 is more like sativa, but I need that broken down in a little simpler terms. Any advice would be helpful!

2. Jason says:

Indica is a body high, or body buzz. Usually relaxes your body , muscles, etc. Sativa is more of a mind buzz, cerebral. Personally, I prefer sativa because it stimulates my imagination, and creativity. It seems that I am more focused and I do everything better. Indica makes me really lazy and puts my brain in a fog and makes me less productive.

3. Skunkjar says:

Mr Skunk thinks that 073 is very nice except the fact it only seems to last about an hour, and it gets pretty more-ish. It was enjoyed, but it goes MUCH faster than 018 making it a lot less economical. 5mg 018 and 10mg 073 is a very nice buzz for Mr Skunk.

4. Tim says:

Re the previous message… would one be able to use the 10 MG of 073 orally with good results, or is that a smoked amount?

5. Imp says:

I’d just like to correct the end of Ben Hailey’s wonderful post as he mixed the -018 and -073 up, for the record it is the -018 that is the sativa high and the -073 that is an indica high.

-018 is about three times the potency of -073. a 1 to 3mg dose of -018 like any sativa is a very heady, psychedelic, creative, buzzy brain high and can be incredibly aggressive and unforgiving with even 1 mg too much.

A 3 to 9mg dose of -073 like any indica is a more sedating, sleepy, body high with analgesic properties, it’s highly unlikely one would panic on typical doses of -073 due to the nature of this compound, it’s kind and mellow.

Most people I’ve come across prefer -073 but tend to build up tolerance very quickly and thus use it up very quickly.

A combination of one part -018 and three parts -073 is a perfect mix.

Find a plethora of experience reports relating to JWH-015, JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-081, JWH-200, JWH-250 at drugs-forum.com

Do your homework before messing around with JWH-018, this is not cannabis, it’s an INCREDIBLY powerful synthetic chemical and a .001mg scale is essential.

6. jumppanddie says:

And I return again. I went through 5 grams in about 2 months. Ive been out for 2 months and got more today. Wow, its like geting high for the first time. My point being, rapid tolerance is the bigest issue for me. I will try to limit it to only late night use…though like crack…you just wanna feel this good all the time. I have found a light bulb the BEST way. Previously I burned it in a pipe on ash…except for the cost of lighters…vaporizing seems much more economical….ive done a total of 7 1/2 grams of this shit now…and feel im pretty experienced…so once its Illegal here in USA…I can say I did it….also…yes the guy that compared it with acid….Dude it is at high doses. Be careful everyone…and enjoy it…they will take it from us soon.

7. serenitysmoker says:

i have been smoking jwh-018 for a while now. i recently learned that a guy i know died after smokin this. he went to lay dowwn for a nap and never woke up. they think he quit breathing in his sleep. this stuff is dangerous and people smokin it should definately know their dosage. please be careful

8. chris says:

I smoked about 100 mg over the course of 2-3 days. It is very strong stuff, scary…. affects the body too much ( I was scared I was gonna die) and I had a little trouble breathing the next day ( I do have asthma)

It does get you blasted, be very careful if you experiment. Just do a tiny tiny bit and resist the temptation to keep getting loaded multiple times in a night like I did.

9. Tim says:

While I definitely concur with the “know your dosage” caveat, it seems kind of strange to me that someone would go to sleep while under heavy effects of Jwh-018…?

Maybe it’s just me, but it tends to energize me for the first hour or so after use — hardly sleepy!

On the learning curve towards getting to know the Sweet Spot dosage I did sort of overdose somewhat a few times… and those episodes we’re intense (and scary) enough to keep me waaay awake until they subsided.

JWH-018 is dangerous to use with caution and respect, for sure.

10. PineNut says:

In China when you want to buy weed, all they usually sell is “hash” but in actual fact China is the largest producer of JWH, so it’s usually substituted with JWH, but they still call it hash.
    So it’s the most common drug around over there, at least in some areas. With their harsh laws and punishments(execution) I guess it’s safer to sell JWH and tell everyone it’s cannabis. They cut it with THC and pollen from the low potency wild native cannabis strains sometimes, or with just random stuff… anyway, you can tell that it is JWH since it’s orally active, whilst THC needs to be bonded with oil/fat molecules to be readily absorbed by the body. I know several people who tried it orally, they say the high was long lasting and said there were no ill effects, by the sounds of it the effect was fairly mild though. They didn’t even take a measured dosage. But I think all the JWH sold on the streets in China is cut. You can get pure stuff in bulk from manufacturers over there though.
    If you want to test whether it’s pure, I heard from an semi-reliable source that you can dissolve it in water. Pure JWH should dissolve completely(no sediments/particulates visible at all) and then revert back to a crystaline state when the water is evaporated off. But I haven’t tested or verified this. I know it does dissolve in isopropyl alcohol though.
    The powder should also be white or slightly off white. The less white it is the more impure it probably is. But it can be cut with white powders, so looking closely at it you will see that it is sparkly and crystalline like sugar or salt, not dull like ajax haha. So if it’s white but isn’t a bit sparkly in direct light, then it’s probably cut with chalk or something…

11. shawn says:

according to everything else i have read, it is not soluble in water or even alcohol with more than about 25% water content…

as i understand it, it is best dissolved in acetone to lay it on something …at least the chemistry majors think so.

i have also heard of good results with everclear and 151…but you have to agitate it and heat the alcohol in a hot water bath a bit to make it dissolve completely.

i have also seen reports of recrystallization when this alcohol was cooled, so it would seem that alcohol has it’s limits.

at least if you use acetone to lay it on, it will completely evaporate; and you can’t miss it when it has because it’s odor is so pungent.

personally, acetone worries me a bit…i think i’ll stick with everclear.

12. Chrysalis says:

I’ve been bonging JWH-018 on top of a pile of Spice for the last few months. I have high body weight and high tolerance so I smoke about 4-5 mg at a time and this gets me as baked as you’d ever wish to be.
    I recently accidentally overdosed (long story, my own stupid fault) on about 8-10 mg and had an incredibly nasty experience that involved projectile vomiting, temporary blindness, rivers of cold sweat, shaking, waves of fire sweeping through my body, and losing sense of who I was or what was going on. It was pure torture for about an hour, and I was in so much physical and mental pain that I prayed to die or be released.
    Please guys, don’t make the same mistake I did. I’ve found JWH-018 wonderful when used respectfully and cautiously. But throw caution to the wind one time, and this stuff will not go easy on you!

13. Tim says:

I’ve gotten to the point where my attitude is pretty much “you can’t do TOO LITTLE” when it comes to the Jwh-018.

Even teensy amounts seem to have SOME effect — while teensy amounts TOO MUCH will have WAY too much oomph. I concur with CHRYSALIS — go easy with this stuff. Know your “sweet spot” and don’t think that just a little bit more is ok!

Once you’ve had a taste of The Fears, you’ll likely learn… the hard way.

14. Jason says:

I see all of these comments about this stuff and find it very interesting. However I think that it is extremely unfortunate that very very very little is known about the long term affects of this substance. I think we should put our money together and high a scientist to find out the long term effects of this stuff so we’ll all know and want be ignorant!

15. Slicedmind says:

Jason: The problem with finding out the long-term effects of a substance is that it takes…a long time. And now it is illegal in the UK, and as we have recently seen, politicians aren’t massive fans of the truth, especially when it clashes with their established drug policy.
    Making it illegal will make getting funding to get funding and licenses to experiment with JWH more difficult.
    So the Government have it set on two levels: 1) By limiting research on JWH they prevent information about it arising which could challenge their position; 2) As we have seen, even when pertinent information is present, they ignore it anyway!

As for putting out money together, its a nice idea, but would require one or more of us to be extremely wealthy, as extended trials of this kind, even in rats, cost an extraordinary amount.

16. Activist says:

Ive smoked roughly all the spice blends and conclude that pep spice is the best alternative to thc. The main ingredient is lactuca virosa. It states all the ingredients on the package as is very relaxing.Lactuca virosa is a wild lettuce that when cut , secretes out its magical source of a legal high. Just like poppys do. Wildly grown in britain. Legal in the us. Those of you that state jwh-018 made someone you know go to the hospital and couldnt breath , must have either done something else or have had some lung condition that requires no smoking, because ive smoked it for a 4 month period 5 times a day everyday. Jwh-018 is as good but id consider pep spice because of the replicated high to that of some good med marijuana high.

17. ASM371 says:

I have smoked JWH around thirty times so far. It is great
    in small amounts, leaves you “high” for several hours and makes your feel awesome. As far as the woman with a kid in the ER, sorry your son was a moron who more than likely smoked tons of JWH to show off to his friends, this stuff is plainly labeled and sold for adult use only. I heard many stories from teens who claim to smoke Salvia Devinorum in large quantities. Kids should not to using “Drugs” by any means. I have not seen any effects in myself other than a expansion of myself intellectually, maybe a slight decline in motivation, but it is winter right now. I think it’s great for people who have to take drug tests and still want to watch a buzz from time to time and not worry about losing their job or going to jail. Great stuff!!!

18. rick36 says:

what about red dawn spark gold ???? any reviews???

19. Rob says:

Do u just mix jwh in to batch as blending or is there more to it?I just ordered diferent herbs.

20. ASM371 says:

This stuff is kind of awkward when smoked with other ppl. It seems almost as if a mood enhancer that works as a collective energy among the ppl you are around. I would describe as coming on like the body buzz after Salvia then slowly morphing similar to rolling. This is Serenity Now, gold pack. Odd stuff, even in small doses it is very potent, different buzz entirely. Very strong

21. andrew says:

so i have tried “serenity now” couple nights ago and had the worst trip ever. i occiasonaly smoke pot and tried serenity with my buddy. i felt as if i couldnt breathe and my heart was beating really fast. for some reason now i feel as if somthing is missing in my head, kinda have a hard time sleeping at times and concentrating. so my question is, are there any long term side effects of this drug???? anything to worry about or will it just go away??

22. ASM371 says:

I know what you mean about the small anxiety at the onset, nothing to panic, use in moderation, don’t smoke it like it is marijuana. I can’t see any long term side effects over the 3 months I have used the “spice” blends and it has not been around long enough for these effects to be accurately tested. Please please PLEASE use with extreme caution, this stuff can be very unpleasant in large amounts.

23. Tim says:

My bottom line advice to JWH-018 newbies is to keep two basic concepts in mind:

1. You almost cannot use TOO LITTLE to get SOME effect — so use in teensy tiny amounts to start with… and even after you’ve got a feel for how much does how much — increase dosage by likewise teeny tiny amounts.

2. You almost cannot wait TOO LONG to let it do what it’s gonna do — so be very very patient and just let it ride. Piling more on while the first hit or two are still up and coming is a sure way to have a very unpleasant experience.

24. Joe Face says:

WARNING, PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I have used JWH-018 because i am on probation and can not smoke weed. I have developed a severe addiction to the substance and it has really messed me up. I stoped smoking it and starting from day 1, i could not sleep. I got an average of 3 hours of sleep at night, i lost about 5 lb’s from loss of appatite, and i have been having fits of rage (ither from loss of sleep, or withdrawl). I would sudjest that you do not mess with this drug. As many of my friends are also addicted and are having the same problems as me. After about 1 full week of not being in contact with this drug my body is still having withdrawls and i am going to a doctor to help me. I would avoid this drug if you don’t want this to happen to you

Could you not try and taper off? If sleeping and eating are your main issues, why not try taking a lower than usual dose before your meal in the evening and before bed? Then, you wouldn’t be smoking it continuously to get high, only to treat those withdrawals. Gradually, you can reduce the amounts and stop taking before either the meal or bed and eventually stop all together.

26. Party says:

For everyone saying you can go crazy, end up hospitalized, and all that..i have to tell you this.. i was on my way to a hookah lounge this past tuesday and one of my close friends who is on probation smoked an entire blunt of serinty. 1 whole gram. he DID NOT go to the hospital, he DID NOT go insane.. oh and also, in the town in which i live, i can go to gas stations and buy serenity.. im not sure of the amounts in the bags but the prices are.. $20, $45 and $70 this of things this way.. if marijuana wasnt discovered until now, there would be forums and rumors on the internet about it too.. tobacco is terrible for someone to smoke, but its legal and people are ok with it.. nicotine is a drug and if enough is smoked, you get a buzz. same with caffeine. why are these things ok and marijuana isnt? serenity now is not a bad thing.. but that doesnt mean its a good thing.. but i think ill just stick to the herb

27. Mikeyyork says:

It’s easier for people to blame a drug than challenge why they may be having severe reactions.

Drugs are always taking the rap for peoples psychological issues and stupidity.

28. golden fro says:

i have been putting jwh 018 on my own herd and it work great i was wondering if it would be any better on weed

29. x1 says:

The most reasonable and safe method of consumption I have found is from a post on Drugs-Forum, which I will now paraphrase and expand upon.

Note, I have tried this, it works, it is the bee’s knees. I do not know why anyone would bother eyeballing and smoking this extremely powerful concentrated agent, when it can so effectively be regulated through the following solvent method.

Truthfully, I cannot even see the reason in dissolving the solvent onto a smokeable substrate, except for continuance of the social ritual of “smoking the bud”. But that is a great deal of work and still not very exact for the kind of potency and sensitivity we are talking about with professional lab-grade chemical. There is simply no need to smoke or vape, or risk any possibility of OD or The Fear, with the ease of this method and the long-term storage advantages inherent in the method.

Dissolve 250mg of JWH into 100mL of 190-proof Everclear. You must use 190 proof Everclear, which is available in my local liquor store down the street but may also be ordered online.

The math holds, so if you have 1000mg (1 gram) of JWH, dissolve into 400mL of 190-proof Everclear. I have personally done this with half-and-half of JWH-018 and JWH-073, 500mg a piece into 400mL Everclear. I’d recommend pouring the Everclear into a clear wide-mouthed receptacle with a “mL” scale on the side, like one of those large Pyrex measuring cups or beakers.

Most of the JWH will dissolve in the Everclear, except for a very small pile which will settle at the bottom. You will want to crush this up by using something like a wooden spoon or potato masher thrust down into the liquid and gently poking and scraping at the remnants of powder. Let the liquid resettle until you see more flakes at the bottom, and repeat poking and grinding. Let settle and repeat again and again, be patient, takes a bit of time but not too long and soooo worth it. Note that there is absolutely NO heating necessary, and it is quite stupid to be heating grain alcohol in your kitchen anyway. You do not need to heat anything, just use a little elbow grease to get your solution clear of any remaining flakes and granules.

Eventually you have a perfectly dissolved JWH solution which can be stored in the freezer or fridge, in a liquor bottle or, even better, a white wine bottle with a screwcap (no cork!) works great. It will store indefinitely.

With this solution, you are getting 2.5 milligrams of JWH per single milliliter of fluid.

You need a way to measure and dose by the milliliter.

Get a 3mL 22g syringe, I prefer with needle for precision but be careful with that needle waving around. You can buy these syringes in singles, ten packs, hundred packs online for cheap. I recommend a ten pack, costs about ten bucks.

Now, when ready, pour just a tiny tiny bit of your JWH juice into a shallow wide glass or small bowl. Slurp up 2 milliters of the stuff into your syringe for a 5 milligram dose (good starting reference point, very average dose). Pour whatever is left in your staging glass back into your storage bottle with aid of a small funnel. Remember to wash that staging glass very very well with dish detergent later.

Now you can inject the 2 milliliters in your syringe into your drinking vessel of choice, top with a small shot of pomegranate juice or other preferred cool beverage, knock it back….off you go.

One could conceivably procure a fair amount of JWH now, make several batches of the solution described above, and store away in the freezer or other cool dark place for years, perhaps decades, deftly weathering inevitable prohibition by various and sundry rampaging government agencies. Cheers!

30. Mr Nice Guy says:

Now that JWH-018 and 073 have been made illegal in Kansas and Ohio, how many other States are going to follow suit?
    How are these “forensic experts” in Kansas testing the blend labeled K2??(that blend was specifically named in the hearings), what “scientific test” were run to make them announce they discovered it to be MUCH stronger than THC?? Did the partake in the “study” themselves??
    The general statements made by these so called experts in the case is enough to make you sick, clueless legislators to be sure,
    from my reading it was a very small lab in Germany that finally broke through the decoding and “discovered” the JWH chemicals in Spice, it seems no other “Big” Labs were able to detect it through many trials/tests.
    The Legislature passed the ban in Kansas 36-1, the One that voted nay replied he thought it was extreme and unnecessary moves to ban it, and the passing was a result of reacting to hysteria and now NO RESEARCH will be able to be done on it in Kansas or Ohio.
    The only good thing I can hope for is that looking at Salvia as an example, some states have banned it or made it illegal while others have decided there are BETTER things that need worrying about besides what legal alternatives adults chose to partake of, and try to make it illegal.

31. teddyK says:

Where do you have proof or a fact that those states were banned for jwh-018 .. you state ohio and kansas are banned can you proof this to us!

32. Jay-Z says:

Here is the link for the Kansas issue with K-2.

Try Spark

33. john says:

me and all of my padnas been smoking serenity now for months now and the only side effects we get is mild nausia sometimes and a sore throat, other than that its fine, but i do not know the long term effects. theres really no hard information about this drug, but i would sure like to know cause man its the shit.

34. OliverKlohzoff says:

X1, what a great idea! No need to smoke this stuff, it doesn’t need to be brought up to a burning type temp to be effective. One question though:

35. Big House says:

I recently purchased a bag of K2 on ebay and found a seed in it that looks identical to a marijuana seed, has anyone else found any marijuana-like seeds in their K2? Just worried because of an upcoming drug test, I appreciate any feedback.

36. JaWaH says:

Sr. Jawah has done JWH-018, JWH-019, JWH-398, JWH-073, JWH-250 and CP 55,940 pure (both orally and smoked), as well as vaporized a “fertiliser” called ‘Forest Humus’, which contains CP 47,497 and Sr. Jawah has also smoked herbal incense brand K2.

Sr. Jawah has taken it upon himself to test out the hospitalization claims and creeper reports said to be experienced, and though Jawah respects the fact that chemical substances affect everyone differently, Jawah has come to the conclusion (from experimenting with copious amounts of the above substances) that such bad experiences may be due to reactions ranging from the other herbs contained in certain smoke blends or incenses, ego loss or possibly, it may just be one’s body physiologically overreacting to an unexpected psychological experience, which can be conquered through tolerance build up and/or repeated use starting at small doses and then increasing as time goes by.

Sr. Jawah has found that mixing different synthetic cannabinoids together for consumption at one time has EXTREMELY beneficial affects on chronic pain, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and eating habits.

Sr. Jawah has found that CP 55, 940 is A LOT more potent than any other cannabinoid Sr. Jawah has tried, and when taken in quantities greater than 120mg it is possible to have a unique experience that Sr. Jawah describes as ‘blissful-out-of-body-haze’, where it seems as though reality has taken a lucid dream state, where one feels complete euphoria and confidence, even in uncomfortable situations… meaning you really understand what is implied with the term ‘to be high’. OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. Although, social interaction is encouraged–as psychic-like occurances may happen between people who have taken similar dosage… almost like one can know what one’s peer is thinking, and feeling. JWH-018 and JWH-073 in high dosages are extremely psychedelic and may even be comparable to the experience of pure MDMA due to the an acute feeling of empathy for others and euphoria and/or a mild dosage of morning glory seeds in terms of visuals.

Also note that in high dosages, ordinary things like speech, language, music, nature, religion, politics, and self-awareness take on interesting forms, and all sort of mesh together as one. CAUTION: (this may sound silly, but for those that it applies to…and you know who you are, or should…) IF ONE IS PREDISPOSED/SENSITVE TO THE SPIRIT WORLD AND/OR SUPERNATURAL BE CAREFUL OF HIGH DOSAGES (i.e. dosages greater than 350mg)!!!!

Through Sr. Jawah’s experience when vaporizing 1 gram of K2 (which contains JWH-018) with 20 mg of CP 55,940 Sr. Jawah was motivated to attend church, clean the house, go to the zoo/nature park, gain an appreciation for previously unappreciated classical music and vocal trance music and garden all in the same day. After that day, Sr. Jawah never had the desire to try a synthetic cannabinoid ever again.

Some things to consider:
    Taking orally/ingesting usually takes a little longer (3 to 15 minutes longer) for effects to kick in, but peak effects last longer.

When smoked, effects usually hit immediately after exhaling. Take only one hit and hold it in for as long as possible for best effects, instead of taking multiple hits. Water pipes are not recommended, though they are fun novelty pieces. The trippiest experience Sr. Jawah had was when Sr.Jawah filled an entire bowl with 1g of K2 Summit and smoked it out of gravity water pipe–expereince mimiced morning glory seed experience, except with an extreme body stone.

Synthetic chemicals are most likely safe, but you never know…there may be a reason as to why they don’t exist in nature, so be responsible and be smart!

37. Jess says:

To Big House:
    Aboslutely, yes, I have seen these “look alike” seeds before in blends like KSpice and Serenity Now. I was freaked out as well, but my test went fine. Good luck!

38. double_a-ron says:

this for all you people that say you had a bad trip off this stuff are utterly stupid or have no idea what a buzz is. you must be agents of the people who wanna criminalize this stuff or freaked out when you got alittle too high for your own good. i’ have personally smoked tons of k-2, serenity now and many other herbal blends. it is possible to get very high on this stuff so if you don’t kno what you are doin then you be careful. it will not kill you at all no matter how much you smoke and about the long term affects of it doesn’t bind to your DNA so your good on the cancer thing. so be your best judge and don’t act like joe face up there and (sudjest as he put it) quit and run to the doctor.

39. KNOW YOUR DOSAGE says:

PURE JWH-018 IS VERY POWERFUL. 10MG (.01g) (1/100TH OF A GRAM) IS A VERY LARGE DOSE. THAT MUCH IS LIKE SMOKING A ENTIRE GRAM OF HYDRO. VERY STRONG

A TYPICAL DOSAGE FOR A FIRST TIME USER IS ONLY 2MG. (.002G) (1/500TH OF A GRAM)
    PLEASE USE A SCALE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EYEBALL, YOU WILL END UP IN THE HOSPITAL.

if you do a proper dosage jwh-018 is a drug very similar to marijuana. i really like it, but please, KNOW YOUR DOSAGE.

this stuff is about 50$ a gram but that is equal to about 100 really fucking strong doses so keep that in mind.

Be smart, USE A SCALE

40. Tim says:

My VERY unscientific measurement for the J8 when I first got it was to measure out a line about 1 MM tall by 1 MM wide by 1/4″ inch long… and sprinkle that atop a bowl of parsley for one pretty punchy dose of 2-3 hits.

For what it’s worth…

I figure that was somewhere around 3 MG or so, but since my scale doesn’t weigh such teensy tiny amounts, I really don’t know — but at least it gave me SOME sort of regulated amount. Like the previous poster wrote, you DON’T want to just eyeball this stuff!! BAAAAD IDEA!!!

41. x1 says:

OliverKlohzoff, regarding your question, which was:

“Can you compare the actual timing of drinking the liquid vs. smoking jwh-018 infused herbs in regards to how long it takes to hit and how long it lasts ?”

I cannot compare directly, since I have never smoked JWH. After many hours of research, I came to the conclusion that the Everclear infusion and oral ingestion method I described above was not only the best, but really the only method I was comfortable trying. And with huge success, by the way.

So, my only experiences with JWH have been as a thoroughly dissolved, carefully dosed liquid mixed with juice.

However, I can cross-compare oral ingestion of liquid JWH vs. smoking MJ, since I’ve certainly done that plenty of times. Essentially it’s the same as eating MJ vs. smoking MJ. Orally, the effects come on slower than smoking, but last FAR LONGER. But the wait for the stuff to hit your brain after drinking is still not very long at all. Everclear dives right through your stomach lining and into your bloodstream, so really it’s a matter of wating just a few minutes for the active agents to swim up to your brain and attach to the target receptors. I notice the general effects taking shape within about 15 minutes of ingestion. Over the next 45 minutes or so, it is like going up a ramp, until without really thinking about it too much, you realize you are in the grip of a deep, pervasive stone. And then it just radiates through you for a good 3.5 to 4 hours at least.

For me this is more of a once-a-week, Saturday night thing, and I can say that I’m still deeply zonked when I go to bed 4 hours or so after ingestion. Stuff is damn clean, too. I wake up with no trouble, no hangover, no real negative residual to speak of.

Think about the positives to this method:

1) Payoff – You get the deep, long stone from “eating”, with a more gentle, less stressful upslope into the full effect…instead of the short, panicky stone with the steep, quick, and potentially stressful upslope from “smoking”, that’s also gone in an hour.

2) Accuracy – Using a 3mL syringe you can smartly, carefully regulate even very small doses and be assured of a consistent result, indefinitely. I have been able to test the physiological response difference on myself between a 2 mL dose and a 4 mL dose (which comes out to about 5 milligrams JWH vs. 10 milligrams JWH, respectively).

How would I do such a comparison if I wanted to smoke the raw crystal? I would need one of those stupidly expensive scales, and a smoking apparatus, and a perfectly reliable smoking/burning technique to ensure clean, full hits. Bah!

By the way, the results of my comparison were “very stoned” (2 mL) vs. “holy shit this is amazing” (4 mL).

3) Conservation – You are storing a totally dissolved agent in almost 100% grain alcohol, and micro-dosing only exactly the amount of liquid you need with a syringe. No scraping powder around, no getting powder on your fingers or fussing with a tiny baggie, no sprinkling, no accidental over-torching with your lighter, etc. etc. No bullshit. Your stuff lasts longer, and it’s safe in the bottle.

4) Discretion – It’s a bottle of liquor. In your liquor cabinet, fridge, or freezer. Only YOU know what’s special about that bottle. This certainly beats your grandma or cop neighbor or some little kid accidentally finding a tiny baggie containing something reminiscent of cocaine or crack in your house or car or clothing.

Cheers!

42. K1 says:

Just a note to all,

I work at a toxicology laboratory and there was a big write up in the latest Tox journal. Many labs are developing tests for this and other JWH compounds.

It wont show up in a “regular” drug screen, but since it is on the DEA list of chemicals of concern, tests are being developed so it will show up in a more extensive test (ie post-accident)

I’m not the bad guy here, but I wanted to warn yall.

43. OliverKlohzoff says:

X1, thank you very, very much. I’m going to do exactly as you recommend. I agree 100% that this stuff is too powerful to try to eyeball a smokable dosage. I take it you’re always doing a 50/50 mix of 018 and 073? Have you ever tried just 018 or 073 by themselves?

44. Tim says:

I’m sending 10MG of Jwh-073 to an associate who’s going to do some mixing with other current cannabinoids contenders; will look forward to some kind of feedback on it!

Research carries on, and this is good. We learn to discern these substances’ nuances and share this information … I’m curious to hear what anyone may have to say about Jwh-073 since I’ve never researched it myself.

Also, on a personal note, I’ve usually found that mixing meds or entheogens or dope or whatever is usually a BAD idea. I don’t manage conflicted effects well enough to try and somehow “combine” them — but am eager to hear whatever others may have done that works well for THEM.

45. x1 says:

Oliver-

I never tried either alone. When I was doing all the reading before ever buying anything, I came to understand that people were experiencing 018 as more sativa-like (head high), and 073 as more indica-like (body high).

I came across several suggestions for blending, for a more complex, balanced stone. Some suggested a blend favoring more 073 (to mellow out the intellectual intensity of the 018), while others suggested 50/50.

It was simply more convenient to try straight 50/50, so that’s what I started with. I bought half a gram of each, and dumped them both into 400 mL Everclear, and the rest is history.

By the way I would suggest a wide-mouth sturdy vessel with a spout to do your mixing in, something like a good-size Pyrex glass pitcher, and also a funnel to pour the JWH juice back into your storage bottle. The funnel is a must. Also, just be patient with grinding the powder with your wooden spoon or whatever, and letting it settle, and grinding again. It is really quite easy and relaxing. I mentioned all this before, but the method is so sound and viable that I want to reiterate, THIS IS THE WAY TO GO, PEOPLE. Smoking is for the birds.

Back to the blend….well, I might have considered experimenting with either agent alone, or changing the blend ratio….but my first ingestion result was such an unmitigated success that I haven’t bothered, and don’t intend to tinker further. For me, 50/50 is absolutely right. It is a home run, a very smart AND sensual stone that rewards both creativity AND depravity. I like it. You will have to see what works for you.

Start with 2 mL in about 4 oz of organic orange juice, that’s a good entry point, and work up over several sessions. I’m dancing around the 4 mL line these days, and can’t see going much higher. The results are consistent and satisfactory. I also don’t plan to indulge frequently enough to induce a lasting tolerance.

Do report back if you venture it! Cheers-

46. OliverKlohzoff says:

X1, I’ve been researching this stuff for 2 straight weeks now. You seem to be one of the most intelligent posters I’ve seen anywhere on the internet. I too have my concerns with the anxiety and freak-out reports of JWH-018 and am more interested in the layed back fun effect of the way JWH-073 is described. I also like the analgesic reports of JWH-073 as I have back problems. I did read a bunch of reports of people mixing 073/018 as 2:1 favoring the 073. I may go that route depending on what kind of supply I can find. Thanks for all the info you’ve provided. Anything more you can elaborate on is greatly appreciated.

47. timmy says:

man i smoked it and it made my heart feel like it was beatin out of my chest. lol but i like it better than cannabis cause it dont show up in a drug test.

48. Willie says:

Why do pure JWH-018 and hassle with the dosage issue. Just buy Pulse or Buzz herbal blends. Pulse will get you ripped. When I asked vendor if JWH-018 was present in these blends he gave an honest response. He said nobody but the manufacturer and or a lab analysis can validate whether JWH-018 are present in any blends. However, he strongly believed that no JWH-018 are in these herbal blends/incense. I believe that if JWH-018 is present the dose is very low because you can do a blunt and get ripped without a panic attack. I rather do this than fool around with the pure stuff. I am sure it’s cheaper to buy pure JWH-018 and mix your own blend by trial and error. This is a dangerous way of getting high in my opinion.

49. J says:

I have been reading posts on here for a while. Some people have good effects while others have bad and nearly fatal. I have spoke to the top scientists in the industry regarding JWH-018, 73 and so on. Bottom line, they all recommend not to consume it. They all say its a research chemical. I seen the tox report on 018. The stuff was given to rats in various dosages and some of the rats died! That should tell everyone right there that this stuff is not “like” smoking weed. Its a very different animal and we don’t even know much about it. I also read a report of a guy smoking spice gold to the point where he was smoking 3 grams a day! Imagine that! 3 grams a day???!!! thats like $50 dollars a day, crazy!!! He’s withdrawl symptoms were so bad when he was off the stuff hes heart beat increased, blood pressure went up, no sleep, etc. but as soon as he got back on the stuff he was calm again. The material i am telling you is not an opinion, it is scientific fact, and I can go back and dig up all the information if anyone wants to see! I don’t hate the stuff, I just think that more research should of been done before consumption took place. If weed was legal, no one would even waist their time on this stuff. The crazy thing is there are synthetics for almost every street drug, which is very scary, and its just a matter of time before the masses discover them as well. personally I am looking for an all natural legal solution to this problem. International Oddities has some items like krypto, and it does give a slight buzz and effect but nothing like K2 or the others. There is a product called fusion. its all natural and they claim its just as strong as spice and im so tempted to buy it but its 50 bucks! if it works I would be hooked! I would love if isomeone could try this product and review it. [Synch: No vendor links!] if anyone wants to know which synthetics are good check these links out.

God bless!
    – J

50. Willie says:

Hey J, I read your well thought out comment. It’s very hard not to agree with your points since they are based on factual data. I have ordered Fusion over the Internet for $45.00. I will let you know the effect, taste, and quality of the product this week. I also ordered Pulse, Buzz, Gonjah, Ultra Chronic, Nitro, Dank, On’o Budz, and a sample pack of DA Kind (which is a new blend). Also, the Blonde Stashish from International Oddities. From what I got from looking at reviews on YouTube, Blonde Stashish is one of the very few products at IO that gives the real effect. I think 1/2 oz is like $35 plus $10 shipping. Also, I spoke with the owners of 2 large website distributors of Pulse and Buzz who buy their products in Europe in large quantities. They asked the people in Europe if the products Pulse and Buzz contained JWH-018. The European replies are always “what is in the products is what’s listed on the package label.” So, it’s hard to validate their statement unless you get independent lab analysis. The distributors also warned me against purchasing JWH-018 off the Internet (unless you personally know the folks) and not to smoke it. They pretty much said what I said in my earlier post about playing the dangerous game of trying to figure out the right percentage of JWH-018 to use in home herbal blends. I believe that if JWH-018 is present in Buzz and Pulse the percentage is very low because I saw MisterBenson and his buddy on YouTube smoke a blunt. They were high, but not panicky or freaked out like those doing pure JHW-018. So far as the guy who was doing 3grams of Spice a day x 7 days = 21grams. That’s almost an ounce a week. I think you would have serious addiction problems with any drug doing it that much in a week. I think the bottomline is not to do pure JWH-018 in large quantities in one smoking session, period! That’s why Mickey Mouse aka lab rat is dead!

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10284855 bytes) in /home/syncmnet/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1996