JWH-018 Toxicology

ToxicSince my last post about the spice behind Spice (and other smoking mix­tures such as Smoke, Serenity Now, K2, Sence, etc), it has been brought to my atten­tion that some initial tox­ic­o­logy testing has been done on the syn­thetic can­nabin­oid JWH-018. Before we get down to the details however, here’s some pretty weird back­ground inform­a­tion — the sponsor and pro­vider of these studies wishes to remain anonym­ous! Unfor­tu­nately, this makes the whole thing a lot less cred­ible, but since this is the only inform­a­tion we have right now, let’s hope someone else can verify these things at a later date. So far, one pro­fessor (who also wishes to remain anonym­ous) thinks these are real, but as of yet, no one is willing to put their name down on any kind of formal state­ment. If you, or anyone you know, has the rel­ev­ant expert­ise to look over these studies, please drop me a line!

(Quick Update — A lot of people have been dis­cuss­ing and linking to this post, but there remains some sus­pi­cion that I have some­thing to gain by saying the JWH-018 isn’t that harmful. Firstly, JWH-018 is now illegal in the UK. Secondly, as I men­tioned just above this, if I have got any­thing wrong, please pick me up on it! If it turns out my ana­lysis of the data is incor­rect, I will correct it!)

Feel free to invent your own con­spir­acy the­or­ies, but for now, let’s take a look at the data. You can down­load the PDF doc­u­ments in this Zip file [2.04 MB]

CYP450 Inhibition Assay

This first assay looks at the effect of a drug on spe­cific enzymes in your liver. These Cyto­chrome P450 enzymes are respons­ible for meta­bol­ising the vast major­ity of drugs you might put in your body, so if you’ve got too much of one drug in your system (ie paracetamol/​acetaminophen), then other drugs that are also meta­bol­ised by these enzymes (ie alcohol) may compete for these enzymes and so hang around in your system for longer. As you can imagine, it’s import­ant to under­stand how one drug may affect the meta­bol­ism of another, in case of any dis­as­ter­ous drug-drug inter­ac­tions.

Results: JWH-018 will prob­ably inter­act with the meta­bol­ism of other drugs, so more in vivo work is neces­sary.

hERG Binding Assay

hERG stands for human Ether-à-go-go Related Gene. This gene codes for a par­tic­u­lar type of potassium channel found on heart tissue. This channel pumps potassium ions out of the heart muscle cells and are crit­ical in coördin­at­ing the heart’s elec­trical activ­ity. Unfor­tu­nately, these chan­nels are a prime target for drugs to bind to, dis­rupt­ing their func­tion. This can lead to “Long QT Syn­drome”, asso­ci­ated with faint­ing and can lead to sudden death, so you can see why these kinds of tests are import­ant. Here’s a typical ECG record­ing showing what’s called the “QT inter­val” shown in blue, which lasts for longer than it should do if these chan­nels are dis­rup­ted.

QT Interval

Results: JWH-018 does not inter­fere with these chan­nels. That’s a good thing.

Cytotoxicity Assay

This simple test essen­tially looks at how many cells die when you perfuse them with a drug. The more cells that die, the more toxic the drug.

Results: JWH-018 is not cyto­toxic at low con­cen­tra­tions.

GreenScreen HC Genotoxicity Assay

This assay looks at how much a drug will inter­fere with our DNA. Typ­ic­ally, any­thing that damages DNA is bad news, being poten­tially car­ci­no­genic, making the rationale behind this test glar­ingly obvious. This test was also per­formed in the pres­ence of a frac­tion taken from liver cells, which will break down the drug. This not only checks if the drug will damage DNA, but also its break­down products.

Results: JWH-018 does not damage DNA, so shouldn’t give you cancer.

Rat Repeat Toxicity Assay

Guess what happens in this exper­i­ment. A number of ren­agade lab rats looking for a bad time are rounded up and prom­ised free drugs (kind of like Pleas­ure Island from Pinoc­chio; that shit was scary!). The rats are then dosed up and observed. Ini­tially, they appear leth­ar­gic (read: totally baked) but a few of them died at higher doses. This appears to be down to prob­lems breath­ing rather than organ tox­icity, but only affected the male rats, who appeared more sens­it­ive to the com­pound. The drug didn’t appear to accu­mu­late in their systems either, but they did lose some weight, prob­ably because they couldn’t be arsed to eat. JWH-018 showed a huge potency and was found to be tachy­phylactic (my new favour­ite word — it means that more of a drug is required to reach the same state fol­low­ing an initial dosage).

Results: Accord­ing to FDA guidelines, the human equi­val­ent dose is 0.016 mg/​kg but it should be tested in other species before this can be seen as reli­able!

Rat Pharmacokinetics

Data is col­lec­ted on a number of dif­fer­ent “phar­ma­cokin­etic” aspects of the drug, such as how it is absorbed, dis­trib­uted through­out the body, meta­bol­ised and excreted, which can help with the design of future clin­ical trials.

Results: JWH-018 is dis­trib­uted well through­out the rat’s tissues. Meta­bol­ism and excre­tion are normal, with a plasma half-life of approx­im­ately 2 hours

Summary

Well, from the looks of these tests, JWH-018 seems to be pretty safe, but unless you want to piss off Ben Gol­dacre, it would be wise not to rely on this “test tube data” entirely. Also, like I said before, we don’t know where this data has come from, cloud­ing the issue even further.

Feel free to ask any ques­tions in the com­ments.

Big thanks to Alfa @ Drugs​-Forum​.com for letting me know about these studies. You can read all about JWH-018 on their Drugs Wiki.

COM­MENTS IN THIS THREAD ARE NOW CLOSED. YOU CAN CON­TINUE DIS­CUSS­ING SYN­THETIC CAN­NABIN­OIDS HERE OR INDI­VIDUAL SMOKING MIX­TURES HERE..

444 Responses to JWH-018 Toxicology

1. I'm lovin it! says:

Ok. I’ve read many ques­tions and only one brief answer about what exactly jwh-073 does and how it com­pares to jwh-018. I like the 018 A LOT. I have to take drug tests, and I think it’s even better than weed and so glad I dis­covered it. Although, weed is the only thing I can compare it to. I can see how it would be similar to acid if you smoke too much, like every­one has already said. But if you just do the little bit and gradu­ally build your tol­er­ance, I love it! It only made me para­noid and super ripped the first time, mainly because I think I was so wigged out about what it even was and how it wouldn’t show up on a drug test, which is hasn’t. But what’s with the 073. I read a post that said 018 is like indica and 073 is more like sativa, but I need that broken down in a little simpler terms. Any advice would be helpful!

2. Jason says:

Indica is a body high, or body buzz. Usually relaxes your body , muscles, etc. Sativa is more of a mind buzz, cereb­ral. Per­son­ally, I prefer sativa because it stim­u­lates my ima­gin­a­tion, and cre­ativ­ity. It seems that I am more focused and I do everything better. Indica makes me really lazy and puts my brain in a fog and makes me less pro­duct­ive.

3. Skunkjar says:

Mr Skunk thinks that 073 is very nice except the fact it only seems to last about an hour, and it gets pretty more-ish. It was enjoyed, but it goes MUCH faster than 018 making it a lot less eco­nom­ical. 5mg 018 and 10mg 073 is a very nice buzz for Mr Skunk.

4. Tim says:

Re the pre­vi­ous message… would one be able to use the 10 MG of 073 orally with good results, or is that a smoked amount?

5. Imp says:

I’d just like to correct the end of Ben Hailey’s won­der­ful post as he mixed the -018 and -073 up, for the record it is the -018 that is the sativa high and the -073 that is an indica high.

-018 is about three times the potency of -073. a 1 to 3mg dose of -018 like any sativa is a very heady, psy­che­delic, cre­at­ive, buzzy brain high and can be incred­ibly aggress­ive and unfor­giv­ing with even 1 mg too much.

A 3 to 9mg dose of -073 like any indica is a more sed­at­ing, sleepy, body high with anal­gesic prop­er­ties, it’s highly unlikely one would panic on typical doses of -073 due to the nature of this com­pound, it’s kind and mellow.

Most people I’ve come across prefer -073 but tend to build up tol­er­ance very quickly and thus use it up very quickly.

A com­bin­a­tion of one part -018 and three parts -073 is a perfect mix.

Find a pleth­ora of exper­i­ence reports relat­ing to JWH-015, JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-081, JWH-200, JWH-250 at drugs​-forum​.com

Do your home­work before messing around with JWH-018, this is not can­nabis, it’s an INCRED­IBLY power­ful syn­thetic chem­ical and a .001mg scale is essen­tial.

6. jumppanddie says:

And I return again. I went through 5 grams in about 2 months. Ive been out for 2 months and got more today. Wow, its like geting high for the first time. My point being, rapid tol­er­ance is the bigest issue for me. I will try to limit it to only late night use…though like crack…you just wanna feel this good all the time. I have found a light bulb the BEST way. Pre­vi­ously I burned it in a pipe on ash…except for the cost of lighters…vaporizing seems much more economical.…ive done a total of 7 12 grams of this shit now…and feel im pretty experienced…so once its Illegal here in USA…I can say I did it.…also…yes the guy that com­pared it with acid.…Dude it is at high doses. Be careful everyone…and enjoy it…they will take it from us soon.

7. serenitysmoker says:

i have been smoking jwh-018 for a while now. i recently learned that a guy i know died after smokin this. he went to lay dowwn for a nap and never woke up. they think he quit breath­ing in his sleep. this stuff is dan­ger­ous and people smokin it should definately know their dosage. please be careful

8. chris says:

I smoked about 100 mg over the course of 2 – 3 days. It is very strong stuff, scary.… affects the body too much ( I was scared I was gonna die) and I had a little trouble breath­ing the next day ( I do have asthma)

It does get you blasted, be very careful if you exper­i­ment. Just do a tiny tiny bit and resist the tempta­tion to keep getting loaded mul­tiple times in a night like I did.

9. Tim says:

While I def­in­itely concur with the “know your dosage” caveat, it seems kind of strange to me that someone would go to sleep while under heavy effects of Jwh-018…?

Maybe it’s just me, but it tends to ener­gize me for the first hour or so after use — hardly sleepy!

On the learn­ing curve towards getting to know the Sweet Spot dosage I did sort of over­dose some­what a few times… and those epis­odes we’re intense (and scary) enough to keep me waaay awake until they sub­sided.

JWH-018 is dan­ger­ous to use with caution and respect, for sure.

10. PineNut says:

In China when you want to buy weed, all they usually sell is “hash” but in actual fact China is the largest pro­du­cer of JWH, so it’s usually sub­sti­tuted with JWH, but they still call it hash.
    So it’s the most common drug around over there, at least in some areas. With their harsh laws and punishments(execution) I guess it’s safer to sell JWH and tell every­one it’s can­nabis. They cut it with THC and pollen from the low potency wild native can­nabis strains some­times, or with just random stuff… anyway, you can tell that it is JWH since it’s orally active, whilst THC needs to be bonded with oil/​fat molecules to be readily absorbed by the body. I know several people who tried it orally, they say the high was long lasting and said there were no ill effects, by the sounds of it the effect was fairly mild though. They didn’t even take a meas­ured dosage. But I think all the JWH sold on the streets in China is cut. You can get pure stuff in bulk from man­u­fac­tur­ers over there though.
    If you want to test whether it’s pure, I heard from an semi-reli­able source that you can dis­solve it in water. Pure JWH should dis­solve completely(no sediments/​particulates visible at all) and then revert back to a crys­taline state when the water is evap­or­ated off. But I haven’t tested or veri­fied this. I know it does dis­solve in iso­p­ro­pyl alcohol though.
    The powder should also be white or slightly off white. The less white it is the more impure it prob­ably is. But it can be cut with white powders, so looking closely at it you will see that it is sparkly and crys­tal­line like sugar or salt, not dull like ajax haha. So if it’s white but isn’t a bit sparkly in direct light, then it’s prob­ably cut with chalk or some­thing…

11. shawn says:

accord­ing to everything else i have read, it is not soluble in water or even alcohol with more than about 25% water content…

as i under­stand it, it is best dis­solved in acetone to lay it on some­thing …at least the chem­istry majors think so.

i have also heard of good results with everclear and 151…but you have to agitate it and heat the alcohol in a hot water bath a bit to make it dis­solve com­pletely.

i have also seen reports of recrys­tal­liz­a­tion when this alcohol was cooled, so it would seem that alcohol has it’s limits.

at least if you use acetone to lay it on, it will com­pletely evap­or­ate; and you can’t miss it when it has because it’s odor is so pungent.

per­son­ally, acetone worries me a bit…i think i’ll stick with everclear.

12. Chrysalis says:

I’ve been bonging JWH-018 on top of a pile of Spice for the last few months. I have high body weight and high tol­er­ance so I smoke about 4 – 5 mg at a time and this gets me as baked as you’d ever wish to be.
    I recently acci­dent­ally over­dosed (long story, my own stupid fault) on about 8 – 10 mg and had an incred­ibly nasty exper­i­ence that involved pro­jectile vomit­ing, tem­por­ary blind­ness, rivers of cold sweat, shaking, waves of fire sweep­ing through my body, and losing sense of who I was or what was going on. It was pure torture for about an hour, and I was in so much phys­ical and mental pain that I prayed to die or be released.
    Please guys, don’t make the same mistake I did. I’ve found JWH-018 won­der­ful when used respect­fully and cau­tiously. But throw caution to the wind one time, and this stuff will not go easy on you!

13. Tim says:

I’ve gotten to the point where my atti­tude is pretty much “you can’t do TOO LITTLE” when it comes to the Jwh-018.

Even teensy amounts seem to have SOME effect — while teensy amounts TOO MUCH will have WAY too much oomph. I concur with CHRYSALIS — go easy with this stuff. Know your “sweet spot” and don’t think that just a little bit more is ok!

Once you’ve had a taste of The Fears, you’ll likely learn… the hard way.

14. Jason says:

I see all of these com­ments about this stuff and find it very inter­est­ing. However I think that it is extremely unfor­tu­nate that very very very little is known about the long term affects of this sub­stance. I think we should put our money together and high a sci­ent­ist to find out the long term effects of this stuff so we’ll all know and want be ignor­ant!

15. Slicedmind says:

Jason: The problem with finding out the long-term effects of a sub­stance is that it takes…a long time. And now it is illegal in the UK, and as we have recently seen, politi­cians aren’t massive fans of the truth, espe­cially when it clashes with their estab­lished drug policy.
    Making it illegal will make getting funding to get funding and licenses to exper­i­ment with JWH more dif­fi­cult.
    So the Gov­ern­ment have it set on two levels: 1) By lim­it­ing research on JWH they prevent inform­a­tion about it arising which could chal­lenge their pos­i­tion; 2) As we have seen, even when per­tin­ent inform­a­tion is present, they ignore it anyway!

As for putting out money together, its a nice idea, but would require one or more of us to be extremely wealthy, as exten­ded trials of this kind, even in rats, cost an extraordin­ary amount.

16. Activist says:

Ive smoked roughly all the spice blends and con­clude that pep spice is the best altern­at­ive to thc. The main ingredi­ent is lactuca virosa. It states all the ingredi­ents on the package as is very relaxing.Lactuca virosa is a wild lettuce that when cut , secretes out its magical source of a legal high. Just like poppys do. Wildly grown in britain. Legal in the us. Those of you that state jwh-018 made someone you know go to the hos­pital and couldnt breath , must have either done some­thing else or have had some lung con­di­tion that requires no smoking, because ive smoked it for a 4 month period 5 times a day every­day. Jwh-018 is as good but id con­sider pep spice because of the rep­lic­ated high to that of some good med marijuana high.

17. ASM371 says:

I have smoked JWH around thirty times so far. It is great
    in small amounts, leaves you “high” for several hours and makes your feel awesome. As far as the woman with a kid in the ER, sorry your son was a moron who more than likely smoked tons of JWH to show off to his friends, this stuff is plainly labeled and sold for adult use only. I heard many stories from teens who claim to smoke Salvia Devinorum in large quant­it­ies. Kids should not to using “Drugs” by any means. I have not seen any effects in myself other than a expan­sion of myself intel­lec­tu­ally, maybe a slight decline in motiv­a­tion, but it is winter right now. I think it’s great for people who have to take drug tests and still want to watch a buzz from time to time and not worry about losing their job or going to jail. Great stuff!!!

18. rick36 says:

what about red dawn spark gold ???? any reviews???

19. Rob says:

Do u just mix jwh in to batch as blend­ing or is there more to it?I just ordered difer­ent herbs.

20. ASM371 says:

This stuff is kind of awkward when smoked with other ppl. It seems almost as if a mood enhan­cer that works as a col­lect­ive energy among the ppl you are around. I would describe as coming on like the body buzz after Salvia then slowly morph­ing similar to rolling. This is Serenity Now, gold pack. Odd stuff, even in small doses it is very potent, dif­fer­ent buzz entirely. Very strong

21. andrew says:

so i have tried “serenity now” couple nights ago and had the worst trip ever. i occiasonaly smoke pot and tried serenity with my buddy. i felt as if i couldnt breathe and my heart was beating really fast. for some reason now i feel as if somth­ing is missing in my head, kinda have a hard time sleep­ing at times and con­cen­trat­ing. so my ques­tion is, are there any long term side effects of this drug???? any­thing to worry about or will it just go away??

22. ASM371 says:

I know what you mean about the small anxiety at the onset, nothing to panic, use in mod­er­a­tion, don’t smoke it like it is marijuana. I can’t see any long term side effects over the 3 months I have used the “spice” blends and it has not been around long enough for these effects to be accur­ately tested. Please please PLEASE use with extreme caution, this stuff can be very unpleas­ant in large amounts.

23. Tim says:

My bottom line advice to JWH-018 newbies is to keep two basic con­cepts in mind:

1. You almost cannot use TOO LITTLE to get SOME effect — so use in teensy tiny amounts to start with… and even after you’ve got a feel for how much does how much — increase dosage by like­wise teeny tiny amounts.

2. You almost cannot wait TOO LONG to let it do what it’s gonna do — so be very very patient and just let it ride. Piling more on while the first hit or two are still up and coming is a sure way to have a very unpleas­ant exper­i­ence.

24. Joe Face says:

WARNING, PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I have used JWH-018 because i am on pro­ba­tion and can not smoke weed. I have developed a severe addic­tion to the sub­stance and it has really messed me up. I stoped smoking it and start­ing from day 1, i could not sleep. I got an average of 3 hours of sleep at night, i lost about 5 lb’s from loss of appat­ite, and i have been having fits of rage (ither from loss of sleep, or with­drawl). I would sudjest that you do not mess with this drug. As many of my friends are also addicted and are having the same prob­lems as me. After about 1 full week of not being in contact with this drug my body is still having with­drawls and i am going to a doctor to help me. I would avoid this drug if you don’t want this to happen to you

Could you not try and taper off? If sleep­ing and eating are your main issues, why not try taking a lower than usual dose before your meal in the evening and before bed? Then, you wouldn’t be smoking it con­tinu­ously to get high, only to treat those with­draw­als. Gradu­ally, you can reduce the amounts and stop taking before either the meal or bed and even­tu­ally stop all together.

26. Party says:

For every­one saying you can go crazy, end up hos­pit­al­ized, and all that..i have to tell you this.. i was on my way to a hookah lounge this past tuesday and one of my close friends who is on pro­ba­tion smoked an entire blunt of serinty. 1 whole gram. he DID NOT go to the hos­pital, he DID NOT go insane.. oh and also, in the town in which i live, i can go to gas sta­tions and buy serenity.. im not sure of the amounts in the bags but the prices are.. $20, $45 and $70 this of things this way.. if marijuana wasnt dis­covered until now, there would be forums and rumors on the inter­net about it too.. tobacco is ter­rible for someone to smoke, but its legal and people are ok with it.. nicot­ine is a drug and if enough is smoked, you get a buzz. same with caf­feine. why are these things ok and marijuana isnt? serenity now is not a bad thing.. but that doesnt mean its a good thing.. but i think ill just stick to the herb

27. Mikeyyork says:

It’s easier for people to blame a drug than chal­lenge why they may be having severe reac­tions.

Drugs are always taking the rap for peoples psy­cho­lo­gical issues and stu­pid­ity.

28. golden fro says:

i have been putting jwh 018 on my own herd and it work great i was won­der­ing if it would be any better on weed

29. x1 says:

The most reas­on­able and safe method of con­sump­tion I have found is from a post on Drugs-Forum, which I will now para­phrase and expand upon.

Note, I have tried this, it works, it is the bee’s knees. I do not know why anyone would bother eye­balling and smoking this extremely power­ful con­cen­trated agent, when it can so effect­ively be reg­u­lated through the fol­low­ing solvent method.

Truth­fully, I cannot even see the reason in dis­solv­ing the solvent onto a smoke­able sub­strate, except for con­tinu­ance of the social ritual of “smoking the bud”. But that is a great deal of work and still not very exact for the kind of potency and sens­it­iv­ity we are talking about with pro­fes­sional lab-grade chem­ical. There is simply no need to smoke or vape, or risk any pos­sib­il­ity of OD or The Fear, with the ease of this method and the long-term storage advant­ages inher­ent in the method.

Dis­solve 250mg of JWH into 100mL of 190-proof Everclear. You must use 190 proof Everclear, which is avail­able in my local liquor store down the street but may also be ordered online.

The math holds, so if you have 1000mg (1 gram) of JWH, dis­solve into 400mL of 190-proof Everclear. I have per­son­ally done this with half-and-half of JWH-018 and JWH-073, 500mg a piece into 400mL Everclear. I’d recom­mend pouring the Everclear into a clear wide-mouthed recept­acle with a “mL” scale on the side, like one of those large Pyrex meas­ur­ing cups or beakers.

Most of the JWH will dis­solve in the Everclear, except for a very small pile which will settle at the bottom. You will want to crush this up by using some­thing like a wooden spoon or potato masher thrust down into the liquid and gently poking and scrap­ing at the rem­nants of powder. Let the liquid resettle until you see more flakes at the bottom, and repeat poking and grind­ing. Let settle and repeat again and again, be patient, takes a bit of time but not too long and soooo worth it. Note that there is abso­lutely NO heating neces­sary, and it is quite stupid to be heating grain alcohol in your kitchen anyway. You do not need to heat any­thing, just use a little elbow grease to get your solu­tion clear of any remain­ing flakes and gran­ules.

Even­tu­ally you have a per­fectly dis­solved JWH solu­tion which can be stored in the freezer or fridge, in a liquor bottle or, even better, a white wine bottle with a screw­cap (no cork!) works great. It will store indef­in­itely.

With this solu­tion, you are getting 2.5 mil­li­grams of JWH per single mil­li­liter of fluid.

You need a way to measure and dose by the mil­li­liter.

Get a 3mL 22g syringe, I prefer with needle for pre­ci­sion but be careful with that needle waving around. You can buy these syr­inges in singles, ten packs, hundred packs online for cheap. I recom­mend a ten pack, costs about ten bucks.

Now, when ready, pour just a tiny tiny bit of your JWH juice into a shallow wide glass or small bowl. Slurp up 2 mil­liters of the stuff into your syringe for a 5 mil­li­gram dose (good start­ing ref­er­ence point, very average dose). Pour whatever is left in your staging glass back into your storage bottle with aid of a small funnel. Remem­ber to wash that staging glass very very well with dish deter­gent later.

Now you can inject the 2 mil­li­liters in your syringe into your drink­ing vessel of choice, top with a small shot of pomegranate juice or other pre­ferred cool bever­age, knock it back.…off you go.

One could con­ceiv­ably procure a fair amount of JWH now, make several batches of the solu­tion described above, and store away in the freezer or other cool dark place for years, perhaps decades, deftly weath­er­ing inev­it­able pro­hib­i­tion by various and sundry ram­pa­ging gov­ern­ment agen­cies. Cheers!

30. Mr Nice Guy says:

Now that JWH-018 and 073 have been made illegal in Kansas and Ohio, how many other States are going to follow suit?
    How are these “forensic experts” in Kansas testing the blend labeled K2??(that blend was spe­cific­ally named in the hear­ings), what “sci­entific test” were run to make them announce they dis­covered it to be MUCH stronger than THC?? Did the partake in the “study” them­selves??
    The general state­ments made by these so called experts in the case is enough to make you sick, clue­less legis­lat­ors to be sure,
    from my reading it was a very small lab in Germany that finally broke through the decod­ing and “dis­covered” the JWH chem­ic­als in Spice, it seems no other “Big” Labs were able to detect it through many trials/​tests.
    The Legis­lature passed the ban in Kansas 36 – 1, the One that voted nay replied he thought it was extreme and unne­ces­sary moves to ban it, and the passing was a result of react­ing to hys­teria and now NO RESEARCH will be able to be done on it in Kansas or Ohio.
    The only good thing I can hope for is that looking at Salvia as an example, some states have banned it or made it illegal while others have decided there are BETTER things that need wor­ry­ing about besides what legal altern­at­ives adults chose to partake of, and try to make it illegal.

31. teddyK says:

Where do you have proof or a fact that those states were banned for jwh-018 .. you state ohio and kansas are banned can you proof this to us!

32. john says:

me and all of my padnas been smoking serenity now for months now and the only side effects we get is mild nausia some­times and a sore throat, other than that its fine, but i do not know the long term effects. theres really no hard inform­a­tion about this drug, but i would sure like to know cause man its the shit.

33. OliverKlohzoff says:

X1, what a great idea! No need to smoke this stuff, it doesn’t need to be brought up to a burning type temp to be effect­ive. One ques­tion though:

34. Big House says:

I recently pur­chased a bag of K2 on ebay and found a seed in it that looks identical to a marijuana seed, has anyone else found any marijuana-like seeds in their K2? Just worried because of an upcom­ing drug test, I appre­ci­ate any feed­back.

35. JaWaH says:

Sr. Jawah has done JWH-018, JWH-019, JWH-398, JWH-073, JWH-250 and CP 55,940 pure (both orally and smoked), as well as vapor­ized a “fer­til­iser” called ‘Forest Humus’, which con­tains CP 47,497 and Sr. Jawah has also smoked herbal incense brand K2.

Sr. Jawah has taken it upon himself to test out the hos­pit­al­iz­a­tion claims and creeper reports said to be exper­i­enced, and though Jawah respects the fact that chem­ical sub­stances affect every­one dif­fer­ently, Jawah has come to the con­clu­sion (from exper­i­ment­ing with copious amounts of the above sub­stances) that such bad exper­i­ences may be due to reac­tions ranging from the other herbs con­tained in certain smoke blends or incenses, ego loss or pos­sibly, it may just be one’s body physiolo­gic­ally over­re­act­ing to an unex­pec­ted psy­cho­lo­gical exper­i­ence, which can be conquered through tol­er­ance build up and/​or repeated use start­ing at small doses and then increas­ing as time goes by.

Sr. Jawah has found that mixing dif­fer­ent syn­thetic can­nabin­oids together for con­sump­tion at one time has EXTREMELY bene­fi­cial affects on chronic pain, insom­nia, depres­sion, anxiety, and eating habits.

Sr. Jawah has found that CP 55, 940 is A LOT more potent than any other can­nabin­oid Sr. Jawah has tried, and when taken in quant­it­ies greater than 120mg it is pos­sible to have a unique exper­i­ence that Sr. Jawah describes as ‘bliss­ful-out-of-body-haze’, where it seems as though reality has taken a lucid dream state, where one feels com­plete euphoria and con­fid­ence, even in uncom­fort­able situ­ations… meaning you really under­stand what is implied with the term ‘to be high’. OPER­AT­ING HEAVY MACHINERY SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. Although, social inter­ac­tion is encour­aged – as psychic-like occur­ances may happen between people who have taken similar dosage… almost like one can know what one’s peer is think­ing, and feeling. JWH-018 and JWH-073 in high dosages are extremely psy­che­delic and may even be com­par­able to the exper­i­ence of pure MDMA due to the an acute feeling of empathy for others and euphoria and/​or a mild dosage of morning glory seeds in terms of visuals.

Also note that in high dosages, ordin­ary things like speech, lan­guage, music, nature, reli­gion, polit­ics, and self-aware­ness take on inter­est­ing forms, and all sort of mesh together as one. CAUTION: (this may sound silly, but for those that it applies to…and you know who you are, or should…) IF ONE IS PREDISPOSED/SENSITVE TO THE SPIRIT WORLD AND/OR SUPER­NAT­URAL BE CAREFUL OF HIGH DOSAGES (i.e. dosages greater than 350mg)!!!!

Through Sr. Jawah’s exper­i­ence when vapor­iz­ing 1 gram of K2 (which con­tains JWH-018) with 20 mg of CP 55,940 Sr. Jawah was motiv­ated to attend church, clean the house, go to the zoo/​nature park, gain an appre­ci­ation for pre­vi­ously unap­pre­ci­ated clas­sical music and vocal trance music and garden all in the same day. After that day, Sr. Jawah never had the desire to try a syn­thetic can­nabin­oid ever again.

Some things to con­sider:
    Taking orally/​ingesting usually takes a little longer (3 to 15 minutes longer) for effects to kick in, but peak effects last longer.

When smoked, effects usually hit imme­di­ately after exhal­ing. Take only one hit and hold it in for as long as pos­sible for best effects, instead of taking mul­tiple hits. Water pipes are not recom­men­ded, though they are fun novelty pieces. The trip­pi­est exper­i­ence Sr. Jawah had was when Sr.Jawah filled an entire bowl with 1g of K2 Summit and smoked it out of gravity water pipe – expere­ince mimiced morning glory seed exper­i­ence, except with an extreme body stone.

Syn­thetic chem­ic­als are most likely safe, but you never know…there may be a reason as to why they don’t exist in nature, so be respons­ible and be smart!

36. Jess says:

To Big House:
    Aboslutely, yes, I have seen these “look alike” seeds before in blends like KSpice and Serenity Now. I was freaked out as well, but my test went fine. Good luck!

37. double_a-ron says:

this for all you people that say you had a bad trip off this stuff are utterly stupid or have no idea what a buzz is. you must be agents of the people who wanna crim­in­al­ize this stuff or freaked out when you got alittle too high for your own good. i’ have per­son­ally smoked tons of k-2, serenity now and many other herbal blends. it is pos­sible to get very high on this stuff so if you don’t kno what you are doin then you be careful. it will not kill you at all no matter how much you smoke and about the long term affects of it doesn’t bind to your DNA so your good on the cancer thing. so be your best judge and don’t act like joe face up there and (sudjest as he put it) quit and run to the doctor.

38. KNOW YOUR DOSAGE says:

PURE JWH-018 IS VERY POWER­FUL. 10MG (.01g) (1/100TH OFGRAM) ISVERY LARGE DOSE. THAT MUCH IS LIKE SMOKINGENTIRE GRAM OF HYDRO. VERY STRONG

A TYPICAL DOSAGE FORFIRST TIME USER IS ONLY 2MG. (.002G) (1/500TH OFGRAM)
    PLEASE USESCALE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EYEBALL, YOU WILL END UP IN THE HOS­PITAL.

if you do a proper dosage jwh-018 is a drug very similar to marijuana. i really like it, but please, KNOW YOUR DOSAGE.

this stuff is about 50$ a gram but that is equal to about 100 really fucking strong doses so keep that in mind.

Be smart, USESCALE

39. Tim says:

My VERY unscientific meas­ure­ment for the J8 when I first got it was to measure out a line about 1 MM tall by 1 MM wide by 14″ inch long… and sprinkle that atop a bowl of parsley for one pretty punchy dose of 2 – 3 hits.

For what it’s worth…

I figure that was some­where around 3 MG or so, but since my scale doesn’t weigh such teensy tiny amounts, I really don’t know — but at least it gave me SOME sort of reg­u­lated amount. Like the pre­vi­ous poster wrote, you DON’T want to just eyeball this stuff!! BAAAAD IDEA!!!

40. x1 says:

Oliv­erKlo­hzoff, regard­ing your ques­tion, which was:

“Can you compare the actual timing of drink­ing the liquid vs. smoking jwh-018 infused herbs in regards to how long it takes to hit and how long it lasts ?”

I cannot compare dir­ectly, since I have never smoked JWH. After many hours of research, I came to the con­clu­sion that the Everclear infu­sion and oral inges­tion method I described above was not only the best, but really the only method I was com­fort­able trying. And with huge success, by the way.

So, my only exper­i­ences with JWH have been as a thor­oughly dis­solved, care­fully dosed liquid mixed with juice.

However, I can cross-compare oral inges­tion of liquid JWH vs. smoking MJ, since I’ve cer­tainly done that plenty of times. Essen­tially it’s the same as eating MJ vs. smoking MJ. Orally, the effects come on slower than smoking, but last FAR LONGER. But the wait for the stuff to hit your brain after drink­ing is still not very long at all. Everclear dives right through your stomach lining and into your blood­stream, so really it’s a matter of wating just a few minutes for the active agents to swim up to your brain and attach to the target recept­ors. I notice the general effects taking shape within about 15 minutes of inges­tion. Over the next 45 minutes or so, it is like going up a ramp, until without really think­ing about it too much, you realize you are in the grip of a deep, per­vas­ive stone. And then it just radi­ates through you for a good 3.5 to 4 hours at least.

For me this is more of a once-a-week, Sat­urday night thing, and I can say that I’m still deeply zonked when I go to bed 4 hours or so after inges­tion. Stuff is damn clean, too. I wake up with no trouble, no hangover, no real neg­at­ive resid­ual to speak of.

Think about the pos­it­ives to this method:

1) Payoff — You get the deep, long stone from “eating”, with a more gentle, less stress­ful upslope into the full effect…instead of the short, panicky stone with the steep, quick, and poten­tially stress­ful upslope from “smoking”, that’s also gone in an hour.

2) Accur­acy — Using a 3mL syringe you can smartly, care­fully reg­u­late even very small doses and be assured of a con­sist­ent result, indef­in­itely. I have been able to test the physiolo­gical response dif­fer­ence on myself between a 2 mL dose and a 4 mL dose (which comes out to about 5 mil­li­grams JWH vs. 10 mil­li­grams JWH, respect­ively).

How would I do such a com­par­ison if I wanted to smoke the raw crystal? I would need one of those stu­pidly expens­ive scales, and a smoking appar­atus, and a per­fectly reli­able smoking/​burning tech­nique to ensure clean, full hits. Bah!

By the way, the results of my com­par­ison were “very stoned” (2 mL) vs. “holy shit this is amazing” (4 mL).

3) Con­ser­va­tion — You are storing a totally dis­solved agent in almost 100% grain alcohol, and micro-dosing only exactly the amount of liquid you need with a syringe. No scrap­ing powder around, no getting powder on your fingers or fussing with a tiny baggie, no sprink­ling, no acci­dental over-torch­ing with your lighter, etc. etc. No bull­shit. Your stuff lasts longer, and it’s safe in the bottle.

4) Dis­cre­tion — It’s a bottle of liquor. In your liquor cabinet, fridge, or freezer. Only YOU know what’s special about that bottle. This cer­tainly beats your grandma or cop neigh­bor or some little kid acci­dent­ally finding a tiny baggie con­tain­ing some­thing remin­is­cent of cocaine or crack in your house or car or cloth­ing.

Cheers!

41. K1 says:

Just a note to all,

I work at a tox­ic­o­logy labor­at­ory and there was a big write up in the latest Tox journal. Many labs are devel­op­ing tests for this and other JWH com­pounds.

It wont show up in a “regular” drug screen, but since it is on the DEA list of chem­ic­als of concern, tests are being developed so it will show up in a more extens­ive test (ie post-acci­dent)

I’m not the bad guy here, but I wanted to warn yall.

42. OliverKlohzoff says:

X1, thank you very, very much. I’m going to do exactly as you recom­mend. I agree 100% that this stuff is too power­ful to try to eyeball a smok­able dosage. I take it you’re always doing a 50/50 mix of 018 and 073? Have you ever tried just 018 or 073 by them­selves?

43. Tim says:

I’m sending 10MG of Jwh-073 to an asso­ci­ate who’s going to do some mixing with other current can­nabin­oids con­tenders; will look forward to some kind of feed­back on it!

Research carries on, and this is good. We learn to discern these sub­stances’ nuances and share this inform­a­tion … I’m curious to hear what anyone may have to say about Jwh-073 since I’ve never researched it myself.

Also, on a per­sonal note, I’ve usually found that mixing meds or entheo­gens or dope or whatever is usually a BAD idea. I don’t manage con­flic­ted effects well enough to try and somehow “combine” them — but am eager to hear whatever others may have done that works well for THEM.

44. x1 says:

Oliver-

I never tried either alone. When I was doing all the reading before ever buying any­thing, I came to under­stand that people were exper­i­en­cing 018 as more sativa-like (head high), and 073 as more indica-like (body high).

I came across several sug­ges­tions for blend­ing, for a more complex, bal­anced stone. Some sug­ges­ted a blend favor­ing more 073 (to mellow out the intel­lec­tual intens­ity of the 018), while others sug­ges­ted 50/50.

It was simply more con­veni­ent to try straight 50/50, so that’s what I started with. I bought half a gram of each, and dumped them both into 400 mL Everclear, and the rest is history.

By the way I would suggest a wide-mouth sturdy vessel with a spout to do your mixing in, some­thing like a good-size Pyrex glass pitcher, and also a funnel to pour the JWH juice back into your storage bottle. The funnel is a must. Also, just be patient with grind­ing the powder with your wooden spoon or whatever, and letting it settle, and grind­ing again. It is really quite easy and relax­ing. I men­tioned all this before, but the method is so sound and viable that I want to reit­er­ate, THIS IS THE WAY TO GO, PEOPLE. Smoking is for the birds.

Back to the blend.…well, I might have con­sidered exper­i­ment­ing with either agent alone, or chan­ging the blend ratio.…but my first inges­tion result was such an unmit­ig­ated success that I haven’t bothered, and don’t intend to tinker further. For me, 50/50 is abso­lutely right. It is a home run, a very smart AND sensual stone that rewards both cre­ativ­ity AND deprav­ity. I like it. You will have to see what works for you.

Start with 2 mL in about 4 oz of organic orange juice, that’s a good entry point, and work up over several ses­sions. I’m dancing around the 4 mL line these days, and can’t see going much higher. The results are con­sist­ent and sat­is­fact­ory. I also don’t plan to indulge fre­quently enough to induce a lasting tol­er­ance.

Do report back if you venture it! Cheers-

45. OliverKlohzoff says:

X1, I’ve been research­ing this stuff for 2 straight weeks now. You seem to be one of the most intel­li­gent posters I’ve seen any­where on the inter­net. I too have my con­cerns with the anxiety and freak-out reports of JWH-018 and am more inter­ested in the layed back fun effect of the way JWH-073 is described. I also like the anal­gesic reports of JWH-073 as I have back prob­lems. I did read a bunch of reports of people mixing 073018 as 2:1 favor­ing the 073. I may go that route depend­ing on what kind of supply I can find. Thanks for all the info you’ve provided. Any­thing more you can elab­or­ate on is greatly appre­ci­ated.

46. timmy says:

man i smoked it and it made my heart feel like it was beatin out of my chest. lol but i like it better than can­nabis cause it dont show up in a drug test.

47. Willie says:

Why do pure JWH-018 and hassle with the dosage issue. Just buy Pulse or Buzz herbal blends. Pulse will get you ripped. When I asked vendor if JWH-018 was present in these blends he gave an honest response. He said nobody but the man­u­fac­turer and or a lab ana­lysis can val­id­ate whether JWH-018 are present in any blends. However, he strongly believed that no JWH-018 are in these herbal blends/​incense. I believe that if JWH-018 is present the dose is very low because you can do a blunt and get ripped without a panic attack. I rather do this than fool around with the pure stuff. I am sure it’s cheaper to buy pure JWH-018 and mix your own blend by trial and error. This is a dan­ger­ous way of getting high in my opinion.

48. J says:

I have been reading posts on here for a while. Some people have good effects while others have bad and nearly fatal. I have spoke to the top sci­ent­ists in the industry regard­ing JWH-018, 73 and so on. Bottom line, they all recom­mend not to consume it. They all say its a research chem­ical. I seen the tox report on 018. The stuff was given to rats in various dosages and some of the rats died! That should tell every­one right there that this stuff is not “like” smoking weed. Its a very dif­fer­ent animal and we don’t even know much about it. I also read a report of a guy smoking spice gold to the point where he was smoking 3 grams a day! Imagine that! 3 grams a day???!!! thats like $50 dollars a day, crazy!!! He’s with­drawl symp­toms were so bad when he was off the stuff hes heart beat increased, blood pres­sure went up, no sleep, etc. but as soon as he got back on the stuff he was calm again. The mater­ial i am telling you is not an opinion, it is sci­entific fact, and I can go back and dig up all the inform­a­tion if anyone wants to see! I don’t hate the stuff, I just think that more research should of been done before con­sump­tion took place. If weed was legal, no one would even waist their time on this stuff. The crazy thing is there are syn­thet­ics for almost every street drug, which is very scary, and its just a matter of time before the masses dis­cover them as well. per­son­ally I am looking for an all natural legal solu­tion to this problem. Inter­na­tional Oddit­ies has some items like krypto, and it does give a slight buzz and effect but nothing like K2 or the others. There is a product called fusion. its all natural and they claim its just as strong as spice and im so tempted to buy it but its 50 bucks! if it works I would be hooked! I would love if iso­meone could try this product and review it. [Synch: No vendor links!] if anyone wants to know which syn­thet­ics are good check these links out.

God bless!
     — J

49. Willie says:

Hey J, I read your well thought out comment. It’s very hard not to agree with your points since they are based on factual data. I have ordered Fusion over the Inter­net for $45.00. I will let you know the effect, taste, and quality of the product this week. I also ordered Pulse, Buzz, Gonjah, Ultra Chronic, Nitro, Dank, On’o Budz, and a sample pack of DA Kind (which is a new blend). Also, the Blonde Stashish from Inter­na­tional Oddit­ies. From what I got from looking at reviews on YouTube, Blonde Stashish is one of the very few products at IO that gives the real effect. I think 12 oz is like $35 plus $10 ship­ping. Also, I spoke with the owners of 2 large website dis­trib­ut­ors of Pulse and Buzz who buy their products in Europe in large quant­it­ies. They asked the people in Europe if the products Pulse and Buzz con­tained JWH-018. The European replies are always “what is in the products is what’s listed on the package label.” So, it’s hard to val­id­ate their state­ment unless you get inde­pend­ent lab ana­lysis. The dis­trib­ut­ors also warned me against pur­chas­ing JWH-018 off the Inter­net (unless you per­son­ally know the folks) and not to smoke it. They pretty much said what I said in my earlier post about playing the dan­ger­ous game of trying to figure out the right per­cent­age of JWH-018 to use in home herbal blends. I believe that if JWH-018 is present in Buzz and Pulse the per­cent­age is very low because I saw Mis­ter­Ben­son and his buddy on YouTube smoke a blunt. They were high, but not panicky or freaked out like those doing pure JHW-018. So far as the guy who was doing 3grams of Spice a day x 7 days = 21grams. That’s almost an ounce a week. I think you would have serious addic­tion prob­lems with any drug doing it that much in a week. I think the bot­tom­line is not to do pure JWH-018 in large quant­it­ies in one smoking session, period! That’s why Mickey Mouse aka lab rat is dead!