Sick of that nauseating feeling and blurred vision from eating Morning Glory (Ipomeia violacea) seeds? Why not try making your own hallucinogenic vodka! Investing a bit of time and money into your Morning Glory seeds will result in a much more refined experience, keeping negative side effects to a minimum.
This relatively straightforward process will give you about 10 trips assuming 6g of seeds for a standard dose.
- 100g Morning Glory Seeds
- You can buy Morning Glory seeds all over the internet or find them growing naturally.
- 1lt Good Quality Vodka
- Since you want to enjoy this, don’t cheap out on the vodka. Ensure at least 40% alcohol by volume.
- 600-1000ml Naphtha
- The best source of commercially available naphtha in the UK is lighter fluid.
- If you have lab filters, use ‘em. If not, a coffee filter. If you can’t find them, use a tea towel.
- Pint Glasses
- Don’t worry, you won’t be drinking your product out of these, we’re just using them to hold liquid. If you have access to lab beakers, use those.
- 1x 2lt Bottle
- This can be a plastic pop bottle or anything. You’ll be using it for shaking things up.
- 1x Coffee Grinder
- A small handheld coffee grinder, used to powder coffee beans. You can also get away with a pepper grinder but it takes forever.
Step 1 - Powder Your Seeds
Simple enough. Take your 100g Morning Glory seeds and grind them into a powder using any means necessary. If you have a coffee grinder, use it. If not, empty out a pepper mill and try that. It might take an age, but the finer ground they are, the higher the quality of the end product.
Step 2 - Get Rid Of The Nasty Stuff
Take your 100g of ground seeds and pour them into your 2lt pop bottle. To this, add your 600-1000ml of naphtha and shake. Shake for as long as possible. Let it sit in the naphtha for about a day with as much shaking as your arms can handle.
Step 3 - Filter And Dry
Yes, it realy is that easy. Filter the contents out using your filter/beaker tea towel/pint glasses and let the seeds dry until they no longer have the slightest scent of petrochemicals about them.
Step 4 - Extract The Good Stuff
First off, clean that 2lt bottle out with plenty of water, then take your litre of vodka and pour it into the 2lt bottle. Add to that the dry seeds from the previous step. Just like step 2, shake this up until your arms hurt and let the seeds sit in the vodka for three days this time, shaking it whenever you can.
Step 5 - Filter
Just like step 3, filter the seeds again. Squeeze all the vodka out of them then throw them away. By this time your vodka should be looking a little cloudy and brown. It will also have developed a somewhat nutty flavour. Let’s hope you like nuts.
Step 6 - Serve Chilled
Measure out 100ml of your vodka and drink it however you like. With coke, over ice or through your eye. You can now enjoy your LSA trip without wanting to throw up..