The Ultimate Hash Brownie Recipe

If you can’t be arsed to cook, check out these Smoking Mix­tures instead!

Introduction

Although I do say so myself, this is the ULTI­MATE Hash Brownie recipe. So good in fact, we recom­mend trying them without Can­nabis Butter, because you’ll want to eat so many of them. They’re very moreish so take care if you do make the can­nabis version — it can take up to 45 minutes to feel the effects, so don’t just eat more and more — it could get very messy! If you want to learn how to make hash brownies, this is the article for you.
Baking

Ingredients

Hash Brownies

• 4oz (115g) Can­nabis Butter
  • 2oz (60g) Self Raising Flour
  • 8oz (225g) Soft Brown Sugar
  • 1.5oz (45g) Cocoa Powder (NOT Drink­ing Chocol­ate Powder)
  • 1oz (30g) Ground Almonds
  • 2 Eggs
  • Grated Rind Of One Large Orange (Import­ant!)
  • 1/​2tsp Baking Powder

Chocol­ate Butter Icing/​Frosting

Making icing for a cake really isn’t an exact science — it’s dif­fi­cult to give amounts as you may have a dif­fer­ent sized baking tray meaning more or less brownies, or you may just have a dif­fer­ent per­sonal pref­er­ence. The fol­low­ing amounts are a guideline so feel free to tweak as you wish!

• 4oz (115g) NORMAL Butter or Mar­gar­ine
  • 1 — 2oz (30 — 60g) Cocoa Powder
  • 8 — 10oz (225 — 285g) Icing (Powdered/​Confectioners) Sugar
  • 2tsp Water, as needed
  • Maltesers (optional, but totally worth it)

Equipment

• Kitchen Scales
  • Sieve
  • Large mixing bowl
  • Wooden spoon
  • Shallow baking tray
  • Greaseproof paper / Wax paper

Method - Hash Brownie Base

1. First, sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add the ground almonds, sugar and orange rind and mix together well.
  3. Next, add the butter and eggs and beat the mixture together until smooth.
  4. Bake at 150ºC (300F or Gas Mark 2), in a shallow dish, greased and lined with greaseproof (wax) paper for 50 — 55 minutes.

Method - Chocolate Butter Icing/Frosting

1. Just mix together the ingredi­ents in a bowl and spread over the top of the brownie.
  2. As an optional tasty extra, smash up a couple of packets of Maltesers and sprinkle them over the top. Do this straight away so they will stick in the icing rather than just fall off when you try and take a bite!
  3. Cut into at least 16 pieces and serve! If it’s your first time cooking with can­nabis, be sens­ible and don’t have more than one or two in the space of an hour, no matter how abso­lutely fant­astic they taste.

Enjoy!

80 Responses to The Ultimate Hash Brownie Recipe

1. John says:

I’ve just put a batch in the oven now. the can­nabut­ter turned out well — I was pleased with it as my first effort (I actu­ally thought i burnt it, but when i left it to set, most of it set that pale green, and only a frac­tion of it at the bottom was brown).
    Now to do the washing up…

2. Bobby says:

I’m yet to try a hash brownie but reading this makes me want to!

I men­tioned you (and this article) in my blog where I attemp­ted to create the ulti­mate Chocol­ate Brownie.

What do you think of my results? Any good? What makes the best brownie?

Thanks!

3. J says:

This recipe has nothing to do with HASH brownies.

Its for CAN­NABIS brownies, no where in your descrip­tion do you even state the use of hash, you state the use of CAN­NABIS BUTTER

I was dir­ec­ted here looking for info on how to make brownies using HASH (as thats the title), yet this recipe is for can­nabis lol

I just want to know how much hash to put in, and also the best way to grind it up. I don’t see the need to make butter out of the hash, when you can just grind up hash and put it straight in, let me know if i’m wrong

Oth­er­wise this just wasted 5 minutes of my day

4. John says:

J, click on “Can­nabis Butter” on the ingredi­ents list to take you to the recipe for can­nabis butter, which cla­ri­fies this. The can­nabis butter recipe covers using hash, buds or leaves. remem­ber, can­nabis is the whole plant, so the term covers its dif­fer­ent products, hash and bud for example. also, don’t just grind the hash into the brownie mix without fol­low­ing the can­nabut­ter recipe, because if you do you’ll be wasting alot more than just 5 minutes of your time, and no doubt quite a bit of money’s worth of hash.

5. Jem says:

I made these a couple of weeks ago with some friends and they were deli­cious. Prob­ably the best recipe for brownies i have ever found, although we changed it slightly by not adding in almonds and for­get­ting the orange, but instead adding chocol­ate chips and mini marsh­mal­lows. You could taste the can­nabis but it wasnt unpleas­ant but over all a lovely exper­i­ence 🙂

6. Focus says:

i was think­ing of going a half oz of cooking grade hash would these be over power­ing? thats 15 grams of hash to 4 oz of butter i wanted to use a hole oz but people calling me nuts just doing some home­work befor i just dive into this

7. D says:

the fat in butter soaks up the THC in the hash making it better used in cooking. if you just put the hash straight in the brownies then you will not get the best results. click on can­nabis butter to see the recipe for making it.

8. John says:

Focus, that’s still an insanely large amount of hash to use. the can­nabis butter recipe on this site only calls for 1/​8oz, not 1/​2oz, and if you read this recipe, brownies made with 1/​8oz are still potent enough to get 8 people baked. if you put 1/​2oz in, you could risk going far too out of it, or you could eat smaller por­tions (but who would want to eat less brownies, let’s be honest here). fur­ther­more, if you com­pletely sat­ur­ated the butter with THC, you could risk having excess that would just go to waste. by all means add more than the recipe calls for, but not 4 times as much.

9. Focus says:

well i did the butter recipe last night i went more 34 of a oz to 1 pound of butter ill tell ya all how it came out tonight

10. Spacecake says:

Well, it’s been some time and Focus still hasn’t posted his out­comes. Is he still monged? In Aus­tralia we often make Anzac bis­cuits as they call for a lot of butter. Gen­er­ally I double the butter in the recipe (you’ll have to google it) and they just go soft and chewy. Last time I made them (10 years or more ago) I got pulled over and had my car searched by the police. I stood there while they were search­ing me eating those bis­cuits — even offered them one. Got myself home just in time for the space to get ace.

11. John says:

Haha Space­cake that’s some good shit.
    Per­son­ally I’d prefer to make large amounts of some­thing tasty with rel­at­ively little butter, so I could abso­lutely gorge myself.
    I mean, lim­it­ing to a couple of small brownies is pretty tough, good call at the begin­ning of the recipe to make non-can­nabut­ter ones too.
    As for eating can­nabis products in front of police, well you’ve got more balls than me. I made some brownies, attemp­ted to take them on a holiday from UK to US the next day. Armed police with sniffer dogs all over Heath­row, was shit­ting bricks. Right after we checked our luggage in, I went to the toilets and flushed them.

12. Ganja farmer says:

hey, does it smell while cooking the brownies? ((:

13. John says:

Ganja farmer, it smells while making the can­nabut­ter. But obvi­ously not being smoke, just vent­il­ate the area and it clears within… can’t remem­ber it’s been a while since i made any, but i’d be sur­prised if it lasted more than an hour with proper vent­il­a­tion.

14. Ms. Spice says:

thank you so much! very much needed. i can’t wait to try these 🙂

15. daveandlauren says:

it was really good, we wished that we had made more without can­nabut­ter 🙂

16. spaceman says:

Its my first time at cooking with can­nabis and I’m quite unsure how many people this recipe sup­plies for. Also how many brownies per person before you will be too fucked? 🙂

17. Geniack says:

They tasted abso­lutely fucking fant­astic! 😀 Gets you com­pletely baked. Thanks for putting this recipe on the inter­webz.

18. jonny says:

how many brownies should we eat to get pretty baked…but not to much?

19. jonny says:

to get a pretty good high.…

20. PooHead says:

how strong is this recipe with dank bud?

21. John says:

Shit jonny/​poohead, all you need to do is follow the recipe with what you’ve got and limit your­self to just 1 of the brownies cut to the size the recipe says.
    Also, your com­ments say they were posted in novem­ber. I’ve only just got the e-mail noti­fic­a­tions today, so I don’t know which is true. you may already have got too high for your own good lol.

22. sativa says:

what are the meas­ure­ments for this without using a kitchen scale? i cook with CUPS, people! not ounces and grams.

23. John says:

sativa, I… don’t really know how to help out with that. I’m not good at estim­ates and would have to go through the whole recipe myself again (which i’m unable to do right now).
    ser­i­ously though, kitchen scales aren’t that expens­ive — espe­cially non-digital ones. the one I used wasn’t digital. if you refuse to splash out on one then… well, you’re more of a cheapskate than me.

space­man, can’t see your comment here, got an e-mail noti­fic­a­tion though. from reading the recipe, if you use the right amount of can­nabis in making the can­nabut­ter and make it prop­erly, it should do 7 or 8 people easily.

24. sativa says:

hahhaa, don’t worry. i can do the con­ver­sions myself. it’s just the hassle of living in the middle of nowhere, having a busted up car that won’t take me any­where, and not being able to get out and buy a scale. i’ll do the con­ver­sions online, not hard. i was just being lazy 😛

25. Andada says:

does the can­nabut­ter need to go hard? or can it just cool down & then be used in the mix??

26. Georgina says:

I only have about 1Tbsp. of hash.can I just put it into my space cake recipe.We don’t smoke pot ‚just puts the lights out.Want somethi8ng mild for the Fo9lk Fest­ival

27. baga says:

Made these last night.

They don’t make a full shallow dish (the stand­ard size) more half of it.

Like all the com­ments say, eat, wait, then eat again. It takes a while for it to hit in!

deli­cious!

28. Fishy says:

If you want to use Hash, you have to put the grinded weed in bowl filled with about 2 cups of oil, mix it up and pour this mix into a pan for about 6 hours, let the oil ferment and when the extract of the weed fuses with the oil, you then use that the same way you nor­mally would while making brownies.

29. Suma says:

Why does it say (import­ant!) next to the grated orange rind? Is it actu­ally import­ant to add it?

30. Timber says:

The orange works really well even for normal brownies (I now add it to all my brownie recipes).

But in this recipe the orange is amazing for hiding any resid­ual taste in the butter. You can use poorly strained butter and it doesn’t ruin the brownie (though you’ll still taste it if you con­cen­trate hard).