Although I do say so myself, this is the ULTIMATE Hash Brownie recipe. So good in fact, we recommend trying them without Cannabis Butter, because you’ll want to eat so many of them. They’re very moreish so take care if you do make the cannabis version — it can take up to 45 minutes to feel the effects, so don’t just eat more and more — it could get very messy! If you want to learn how to make hash brownies, this is the article for you.
- 4oz (115g) Cannabis Butter
- 2oz (60g) Self Raising Flour
- 8oz (225g) Soft Brown Sugar
- 1.5oz (45g) Cocoa Powder (NOT Drinking Chocolate Powder)
- 1oz (30g) Ground Almonds
- 2 Eggs
- Grated Rind Of One Large Orange (Important!)
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
Chocolate Butter Icing/Frosting
Making icing for a cake really isn’t an exact science — it’s difficult to give amounts as you may have a different sized baking tray meaning more or less brownies, or you may just have a different personal preference. The following amounts are a guideline so feel free to tweak as you wish!
- 4oz (115g) NORMAL Butter or Margarine
- 1 — 2oz (30 — 60g) Cocoa Powder
- 8 — 10oz (225 — 285g) Icing (Powdered/Confectioners) Sugar
- 2tsp Water, as needed
- Maltesers (optional, but totally worth it)
- Kitchen Scales
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Shallow baking tray
- Greaseproof paper / Wax paper
Method - Hash Brownie Base
- First, sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground almonds, sugar and orange rind and mix together well.
- Next, add the butter and eggs and beat the mixture together until smooth.
- Bake at 150ºC (300F or Gas Mark 2), in a shallow dish, greased and lined with greaseproof (wax) paper for 50 — 55 minutes.
Method - Chocolate Butter Icing/Frosting
- Just mix together the ingredients in a bowl and spread over the top of the brownie.
- As an optional tasty extra, smash up a couple of packets of Maltesers and sprinkle them over the top. Do this straight away so they will stick in the icing rather than just fall off when you try and take a bite!
- Cut into at least 16 pieces and serve! If it’s your first time cooking with cannabis, be sensible and don’t have more than one or two in the space of an hour, no matter how absolutely fantastic they taste.