This recipe produces a small amount of cannabis-infused butter, or cannabutter, which can be used in a massive range of recipes to add that extra kick! If your recipe requires more butter than the amounts given here, feel free to multiply up all the amounts.
- 4oz (115g) Butter or Margarine
- 1/8oz (3.5g) Cannabis buds/hash OR
- 1/4oz (7g) Cannabis leaves
- Small saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Sieve (optional)
- Melt the butter slowly in a pan. Add 1/8 oz (3.5g) finely ground cannabis, and simmer on a low heat for around 30 minutes. This allows the cannabis to infuse fully into the butter. Take care to keep the heat low, and stir continuously as the butter can burn easily.
- After 30 minutes, pour the butter into a jug or tub. As you do this, if you want to remove the bud/hash/leaf, you can pass it through a fine sieve. You won’t be wasting any “good stuff”, since all the THC should have dissolved into the butter, but if you don’t mind getting green bits in your teeth, you can just as easily leave it in.
- Allow the cannabutter to set for around an hour, or until relatively hard, before using.